cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible first experience

russellkwok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a sim issue where my eSIM was stuck on activating and it was saying no sim when scanning the QR code. My number already transferred to public so now I’m stuck w no phone. The support said the only way is to order a physical sim which will take 5 days… wff is this service. Terrible

17 REPLIES 17

@russellkwok wrote:

Thanks for helping I have it set up. Sorta sad though I saw better deals in the carriers in the mall when I was picking up the sim

@russellkwok , you’re welcome. Thank you for the update.

Public Mobile is prepaid so you get what you pay for. No extra charges. You can always port back out if you find a company that you like better or try another one before porting out of here 1st. 🙂

Welcome to Public Mobile. I hope it gets much better for you from now on. 🤗 

russellkwok

Thanks for helping I have it set up. Sorta sad though I saw better deals in the carriers in the mall when I was picking up the sim

@hairbag1 , Love this! I didn’t even think of posting that!

On my iPhone to purchase an eSIM (once you know it’s eSIM compatible) in case someone doesn’t know how.

• In the Public Mobile app on your Phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’

Edit: I don’t want to make the suggestion to cause any more frustration plus SIM Card can be easily moved from one device to another & eSIM we have to purchase another each time! 😞 

@russellkwok , Some CS_Agents are great & some now so much.

I know this is very frustrating but once this part is over you shouldn’t need to contact them again. Us Customers here in this Community forum can usually help with everything else. Myself unfortunately am a very slow typer & often need to fix my typos but I do try. Everyone else here is very quick to respond & help.

russellkwok

Cs is so sassy here lol. I guess that’s what happens with budget carriers though so it’s expected 

IMG_5925.png

@russellkwok 

you could re-order a new esim from PM, but you'll pay $5 this time.  Here's something that might help...

Samsung Devices:

1.     Open the “Settings” app.
  2.     Tap “Connections.”
  3.     Select “SIM card manager.”
  4.     Look for the “Add Mobile plan” option. If it’s available, it indicates that your device supports eSIMs.

IOS Devices

2.     Tap “Cellular.”
  3.     Select “Add a New Plan.”
  4.     If an option to scan a QR code appears, then your device supports eSIM.

Pixel Devices:

2.     Tap “Network & Internet.”
  3.     Select the “+” sign next to SIMs.
  4.     Check if the “Connect to Mobile network” page includes a “Download a SIM instead?” option. If it does, then your device is eSIM capable.

russellkwok

How do you sync it. Public mobile said they would reimburse me fornit

@russellkwok wrote:

That’s so unfortunate. I didn’t know. The team won’t provide me another eSIM for me to use. Will I have to go to a Telus store to purchase a SIM card and sync it w my public mobile account?

@russellkwok , that’s what frustrates me, new & current Customers need clearer instructions on how to install & activate eSIM’s. You are not the only one that has done this & I understand how frustrating it can be. Sorry 😔 

Once you purchase a SIM Card you can update it on your account if you are available to sign into the app (I find the app is easier to use) or website but if you are not able to sign in then unfortunately you would need to ask a CS_Agent to update your SIM Card # for you on your account.

To change your SIM card, please follow the steps below:

Once you have a new SIM, follow these steps to update the SIM number associated with your account:

Log in to the Public Mobile app  (select + symbol on bottom left) or My Account (click  >  symbol on bottom left)

1. Go to the ‘Profile’ tab
  2. Select the pencil icon next to your current SIM number
  3. Enter your the 19-digit code of your new SIM
  4. Select ‘Save Changes’

Or use this direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

Edit: If you have issues when trying to do this please send a private message to Customer Support Agents (CSA) to request a SIM Swap.

@russellkwok wrote:

That’s so unfortunate. I didn’t know. The team won’t provide me another eSIM for me to use. Will I have to go to a Telus store to purchase a SIM card and sync it w my public mobile account?

Yes.  You will need to purchase a physical SIM card and then sync with your PM account.  

russellkwok

@russellkwok wrote:

Stop copy and pasting this to every post. This doesn’t work

@russellkwok , I didn’t copy & paste my exact words. It has worked for myself & many other Customers. If it didn’t for you I have no control over that. All I can do is suggest what has worked easily for myself & many other Customers. Some CS_Agents will issue a new QR Code for some Customers. All we can do is offer what works for Us. We are Customers here that help here for free. We are not Public Mobile Employees.

Edit: I see now that you had another post “New customer. Transferred from Fido to public mobile” previously from 8 hours ago regarding your issues! Where you stated that ‘I believe the port went through cause on the Fido side the number is cancelled and i authorized it. Before it was stuck on activating so i deleted the eSIM. Now when I readded it it just says no sim avaialable/unable to put the sim in. And I can’t call because my number doesn’t work 🥲. This sucks. I’ve never had an experience w a provider like this’ 

It didn’t work due to you deleted the eSIM instead of using my steps above! You didn’t state on this tread that I responded to that you deleted the eSIM. If you had of I wouldn’t have made the suggestion. Once you delete it you can not scan the qr code again, it will not work. Then you would need to purchase a new one!

russellkwok

Stop copy and pasting this to every post. This doesn’t work

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@russellkwok wrote:

I had a sim issue where my eSIM was stuck on activating and it was saying no sim when scanning the QR code. My number already transferred to public so now I’m stuck w no phone. The support said the only way is to order a physical sim which will take 5 days… wff is this service. Terrible

@russellkwok , it seems that sometimes installing eSIM on Public Mobile is finicky even though the phone is compatible! In some cases the eSIM installs but needs activated using the steps below!

(I had my data on plus my Wi-Fi was turned on & connected to my home internet to be sure I had all connections while installing /setting up my eSIM)

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’), reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

russellkwok

So I’ll have to create a whole new public mobile account? Wtf and pay the additional for another plan. Also what about my Fido number. Is it stuck in limbo and I have to get a new number now

@russellkwok 

phone your Telus store ahead of time as they may not have the PM sims. When you do get it, you need to active your new account using the PM app.

russellkwok

I was thinking of going to my local Telus store. How does it work. Do I just reactivate it using public mobile. How does this work if it already failed with the esim

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@russellkwok 

don't order a hard sim from PM website...could take up to 3 weeks to get it. Order from Amazon for quickest.

added..these guys have the PM sims for $6.99 with free shipping. If you're in the GTA, they have a local pick-up option too.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-micro-na...

Need Help? Let's chat.