cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary discount or marketing trick?

doe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I go to Plans I see Discount applied for many selection cases. E.g. for Canada-wide plan + Global texts + 500MB base price is $62 but after $25 discount it's $37. It appears as only with those discounts PM's prices are compatitive. So it's important to clarify whether that are temporary discounts which can be removed at any time or does Plans page reflect actual prices and "discount" is just marketing trick to show unreal bigger price and then actual one?

@CS_Agent, in other words, is there any known date until that discounts on Plans page are applied?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

doe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks everyeone for your responses.

Merry Christmas!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@doe those are not temporary reductions. As @Luddite noted, PM could change your plan pricing with the appropriate notice, but these are not intended to be temporary discounts.  With the exception of a small increase to "legacy" plans (very old and very inexpensive plans from prior to Feb 2015) earlier this year, PM is VERY good about grandfathering people at their current rate plan should their in-market offerings change.  You should not be concerned about the pick-2 or pick-3 discounts disappearing after some time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The discounts apply for picking more than one item.  think of it a regular price and you get a bulk discount for buying a second and third service.

the discounts (price you pay) is good /honored untill you change your plan or until PM decides to incrase the plan price (it has happened only once to pineerlegasy customers) bu it can happpen with any carier.  I joined PM BC Virgin increased my plan price by $5

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@doe wrote:

When I go to Plans I see Discount applied for many selection cases. E.g. for Canada-wide plan + Global texts + 500MB base price is $62 but after $25 discount it's $37. It appears as only with those discounts PM's prices are compatitive. So it's important to clarify whether that are temporary discounts which can be removed at any time or does Plans page reflect actual prices and "discount" is just marketing trick to show unreal bigger price and then actual one?

@CS_Agent, in other words, is there any known date until that discounts on Plans page are applied?

Thank you.

As far as I know, those will be the permanent prices for the plan for as long as you stay with them (assuming that there are no across the board price increases).

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

All offers may be changed without notice. Anyone already on a plan must be given 30 days notice, but in practice plans already activated are "grandfathered" for an undetermined period if prices increase. 

With all your concerns consider a short term evaluation? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/quot-Risk-Free-quot-Activation-costs-...

And read: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

Think of PM this way; everything Telus offers except VoLTE and international roaming for less $. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.