cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily Reactivate Service to Port Phone Number

1141pm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've recently switched to a different provider and would like to port my phone number. I've cancelled my Public Mobile plan as I don't want to pay for two concurrent services. Is it possible to temporarily reactivate my service so I can port the phone number? If not what options do I have? @CS_Agent

2 REPLIES 2

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well if you cancelled pm you've also cancelled your phone number. Like others have said, if your pm account is still active, you can still port. Otherwise, no cigar. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@1141pm wrote:

I've recently switched to a different provider and would like to port my phone number. I've cancelled my Public Mobile plan as I don't want to pay for two concurrent services. Is it possible to temporarily reactivate my service so I can port the phone number? If not what options do I have?

What do you mean by "cancelled" - Public Mobile plans are prepaid and run their course until the end of the plan period. So, if you are still before your renewal date your plan is still active and you should be able to port that number.

If you are past your renewal date and your account is in suspension you have two options:

- reactivate the plan you were on previously by paying the according amount in self serve. Be aware that there no refunds for unused portions of your plan.

-  You can contact the moderator team and ask them to activate either the $20/30days 250MB data plan or the text only plan for the same amount. Again no refunds for the unused portion of the plan.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PIN, phone number, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.