cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call and text service not working after changing plan

kevinturpin3625
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello today i chnaged my plan from a 45$ plan to a 25$ plan witch imclude ulimited call across canada , unlimitied international text and 500mb data +500mb data if autopay activated. Now the thing is that my phone or text are not working but my data is working ive rebooted the phone and my Apn settings are ok and its over 5 hours my plan is changed so its not a delay problem either . can someone help me out with this one My phone is an LG G6 H873 running on android oreo 8.0 thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

@kevinturpin3625 wrote:

Hello today i chnaged my plan from a 45$ plan to a 25$ plan witch imclude ulimited call across canada , unlimitied international text and 500mb data +500mb data if autopay activated. Now the thing is that my phone or text are not working but my data is working ive rebooted the phone and my Apn settings are ok and its over 5 hours my plan is changed so its not a delay problem either . can someone help me out with this one My phone is an LG G6 H873 running on android oreo 8.0 thank you 

You do not need to be checking APN settings since your data works.  APN settings do not control nor do anything for phone calls and text messaging.

Check if reporting your phone as lost/stolen in your self-serve account and the recactiate it a few minutes later to see if that resets things on your account end.

There's really also no need to do any tinkering with your phone since it was working before the plan change.  Go ahead and send Moderator_Team a private message by clicking on the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kevinturpin3625 

Hi. I assume you're using the same unlocked phone that you were using with the $45 plan? As a test, if you were to put the SIM into another unlocked phone, same issue? If so, you might want to message the mods moderator_team via the envelope icon at top right of forum page.

Need Help? Let's chat.