cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus wifi

dlmwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I was with Telus before I switched to PM, and I had access to the Telus wifi network.  I am not sure if it was the original wifi setting on my phone prior to the switch or PM customers actually do have access.  My phone would and still will automatically connect to Telus wifi whenever it is available.

In the past few days, I noticed that even when the phone is connected to the Telus wifi network, there is actually no internet connection.  I was at 2 malls and at Stabucks this morning, the phone connected to Telus wifi by itself but there's no internet.  I doubt it is a Telus wifi problem. 

Do PM customers have automatic access to Telus wifi networks at the malls?

6 REPLIES 6

Many WiFi spots are open to all but require a log in (at least checking the box accepting terms, sometimes asking more info such as your name or email)

If you save a WiFi spot sometimes it appears to connect but something has changed so you need to remove & readd it 

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For what it's worth, I can confirm that forgetting the network in your phone's wifi settings then reconnecting to a #TELUS hotspot does work. You will have to register your name and email with them which you didn't have to do before if you were a Telus Mobility customer but after that, works the same as before.

Barth

When I had a feature phone on the Wind network, I could connect to the #Telus network with a tablet that was not on a GSM network. It was a completely independent connection. 

I've been with PM for over a year, and I can now connect to #Telus with my smartphone and tablet. I just did it again today. Sometimes #Telus is a bit flaky.

dlmwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am coming towards the end of my second 90 day cycle with PM since switching from Telus.  It would automatically connect to Telus wifi and have internet access in the past 90 + 70-ish days.  Maybe after 160+ days, they figured out I am not a Telus customer anymore and blocked me.  lol

I will try again at a couple more different locations, and also forget the network in the phone settings and add it again.  Thanks guys.

AlexOfAnders

I ran into the same problem but had assummed that the #Telus network was just for Telus customers because my phone connected to it without me having to do anything when I was on Telus Mobility but stopped when I moved to PM.

I think we may need to forget the network in your phone settings and try adding it back as @PJC recommended.

Here's a blog post from Telus on their free Wi-Fi hotspots confirming what they said https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/TELUS-Public-Wi-Fi/ta-p/62773

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My understanding is that the Telus WiFi hotspots can be accessed by anyone, regardless of your cell phone provoder, so this might be an issue with your phone or with Telus' WiFi.

Did you try restarting your phone or tried deleting the WiFi network off your phone and reconnecting again?

Need Help? Let's chat.