cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical difficulties

ellsy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

I wanted to ask about something that occurred while I was on a phone call. A voice recording came on and said that due to technical difficulties the call cannot be completed or something along those lines. I was somewhat unclear if the technical problem was at my end or not but could see the timer for the call still running after that came on. It seemed likely though that the person on the other end of the line couldn't hear me nor I him. I wondered at the time if I had used up my talk minutes but that was not the case, not even close. 

This happened on March 12th. Any idea why and if it was a system outage, did it affect others? 

Thanks

Ellsy

11 REPLIES 11

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't think Public Mobile will notify the usage by voicemail. They only text you. The voicemail you received is probably a scam. Just ignore that. Too many scam calls/VMs nowadays.

ellsy

I did check my usage when I was able to access the information and I'm pretty certain I had time left and it wasn't close to being used up - that's why I thought it was odd.

Thanks.

ellsy

Thanks hTideGnow for responding. For sure it was on March 12 based on my call listing so the timeframe does fit the issue you mentioned. I haven't used the phone extensively since, but also haven't experienced that again which is good. I just wanted to be informed in the event it recurred. 

ellsy

Thanks HALIMACS for your response. You're right about the timeframe and trying to troubleshoot it now. I got sidetracked at the time and IIRC, it was at or around that time that I had trouble logging into the site to look up my account information after it happened. I know I tried multiple times but when I was able to check eventually, I believe I did have time left on my plan. The reason I still asked the question, is I am relatively new with Public Mobile and wondered if anyone else experience that issue. 

ellsy

Thanks softech for responding. No, it hasn't happened again and yes, I am on the $15 plan but to the best of my recollection, I still had many minutes left which is why I was perplexed as to what caused it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ellsy there was voice call problem around 10 days or 2 weeks ago when PM trying to enable VoLTE, maybe you had issue because of that? But issue is now fixed

ellsy

Thanks for your response wetcoaster. I don't think I did that but otoh it's not beyond the pale because it can get a bit fiddly when you have the dialer interface open plus other pages. At the time anyway, it felt like the message just came out of the blue. I hung up after the message because I wasn't sure what else to do. I didn't call the individual back because it would have been even more annoying for them if it happened again and he had responded to my main question anyway.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ellsy 

If you ARE on the $15 plan with limited outgoing calling minutes, did you refer to the self-serve landing page to determine you were not even close to being out of minutes?

Reason I ask is that page has horrible caching issues (which means it may display outdated info).  To avoid this, ensure to always tap the refresher icon within the page itself to get a current version.   Don't be fooled by the little phrase to the left of it which reads, "Updated a few seconds ago".   That may not be the case.

HALIMACS_0-1679856746606.png

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Total shot in the dark...

Would you have accidentially dialed another number? (like pocket dial, but while you're using the dialer interface for the already active call - it's happened to me before when I tried to keep the display on when it had timed out during the call...) And then something went wrong with the second call and after the message terminated it?

Where you able to resume the existing call after the message?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ellsy is it still happening now?? are you on $15 plan and it drained your minute usage?  you see that long calls showed on the usage history?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This would be very difficult to troubleshoot 2 weeks after the incident.

If it hasn't recurred, that's good.

You might want to ask the CSA's for information, but I wouldn't be surprised if they might not be able to supply info.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.