cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech issues with posts

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Hey all!

Is anyone else having issues where you post a response then it disappears? I have made two responses and both didn't post and both i re-wrote. Is this a common problem? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Naepalm, you know the workaround for this?

Create or duplicate another working tab. And use the other tab for information grabbing, and use the main tab that you are replying to. And when ready to hit reply, select all and copy. This is a great way to make sure if you have copy and paste your work again.

I was in a similar predicament as you with writing posts before and when I hit reply, it was gone. Granted, if you do not select all and copy and can't copy and paste, the reply post it may be pointless in going back to replied as someone else may have beat you to the punch.  I then don't bother, because it's pointless. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected @Naepalm  Making a copy of a long post is always a good idea to avoid the *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug. You should be able to find them *above.

@will13am wrote:

The community forum has quirks.  The only nasty impact to me is the loss of the quotation feature.  Magically, it has come back to me today.  I am a happy camper again.  

Yeah, im kinda rethinking if i do a long post to copy it into a word file then if it doesn't post repost it.

thanks for the comment though!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The community forum has quirks.  The only nasty impact to me is the loss of the quotation feature.  Magically, it has come back to me today.  I am a happy camper again.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm  it happens sometimes. Go Community login avatar - my profile - scroll down to drafts. You can save most of them there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

Hey all!

Is anyone else having issues where you post a response then it disappears? I have made two responses and both didn't post and both i re-wrote. Is this a common problem? 

Been going on for years. I had the same thing when I first got here almost 2 years ago. Mod Mary_M (no longer here) had a way to fix accounts to stop it. Seems no one now can do the fix. Apparently it has to do with the system thinking you're spamming. Try not to edit your posts quite so quickly.

Fellow customer @darlicious has a whole long thing about it.

Need Help? Let's chat.