cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax amount not being refunded!!

Dave90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I accidently purchased an add on worth $33.90 ($30 plus $3.90 taxes). Public mobile refunded only $30 back to my account. Why am I not being refunded the full amount?

4 REPLIES 4

Dave90

Thank you so much, @softech! Appreciate your explanation. Was not able to understand this from CSAgent's responses.

@Dave90   if you see the amount $30) as Available fund on My Account, then PM just reversing the transaction and not really refunding that to your credit card.  Usually this is how PM will handle customers add-ons issue, they will reverse the transaction and put the money back to the account and not a refund

If they ever agree on refunding the amount to your credit card, then you will see $30+tax back to your credit card.  

Dave90

Thanks for your explanation. Why wont they refund the full amount with the taxes. Just trying to understand the logic here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dave90 

PM is putting back the $30 into your Available Fund in your My Account?  If so, it is correct

Any amount you see on My Account is an AFTER-TAX amount.

So, with $30 in your account's My Account, when renewal time comes, let say you have a $50 plan, PM will take the $30 from My Account, and only charged your credit card $20+ tax (NOT $50+tax). So, the amount you see on My Account is the correct amount with tax consideration

Need Help? Let's chat.