cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taber, Alberta Data Service Issue

Tpformybungh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Occasionally cannot send or Rx data even with full signal, only in Taber Alberta. Sometimes toggle airplane mode and untoggling will correct issue.  Data speeds when working are.the poorest I've experienced on this service.  0.17 up and 3.5 down. Many people I know on Telus kudo and public with same issues. It's happening on all of our 6 families phones, one on Bell as well.  Services for text phone seem to be ok.

I've contacted Telus support but they don't seem to help cause I don't have a number they can link it to.  Please help, this has been going on for over 2 years.

7 REPLIES 7

@Tpformybungh wrote:

It's not a service issue as signal is average to good.  Doesn't matter what phone.

@Tpformybungh 

Then you might want to contact Public mobile customer service agent.

Send a ticket via the chatbot to customer service agent (CSA) via link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Expect a few hours wait time.  Likely will go over some troubleshooting advice already mentioned.  Then maybe help to get technical help (usually from Telus tech)

Tpformybungh

It's not a service issue as signal is average to good.  Doesn't matter what phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tpformybungh 

Looks like that the signal for Telus/Bell network may be weak in your area. Check for the nearest cell tower to your location:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Are you using 5G network? LTE network?  Might want to try to force your phone to LTE or even 3G Network.  

Might want to try a network reset of your phone (note: this will erase any saved Wifi passwords)

Do you know anybody on the Roger's network?  Are they having the same issue?

Which model phone are you using?

Tpformybungh

Unfortunately I don't know many Rogers customers as the service overall is not a good,

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Bell and Telus uses the same Telus towers in BC

how about Rogers or other providers? do you know if any service providers have good reception there?  

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tpformybungh 
Public mobile is a self service, no support phone number.

It looks to be an issue with BELl and Telus in your area, I’m not sure what can be done here, you can try to create a tick through the chat bot, maybe CSA can give you a better answers 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Tpformybungh 

If you have contacted Telus and there has been no fix in the last 2 years, then perhaps you should consider contacting the CRTC to file your concerns. I would also suggest your other family members do the same. More data to back up your claims the better. However, just make sure you've exhausted all avenues first before requesting the help of the CRTC.

EDIT: You should check with other service providers to see how their data works in your area. It may just be a weak point for Telus. Which is odd being Alberta.

Need Help? Let's chat.