cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System error. Please try again.

Nerminr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am unable to sign in. My account needs to be topped up. Perfect example of how unrealiable our services really are, when in dier need. 

How do we prevent such a crucial event to never happen again? 

Thank you. 

31 REPLIES 31

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

note as part of the CCTS complaints process you must have contacted your provider first and tried to resolve the issue. I see you have but you are advocating people just contact CCTS with "any issues or complaints" which isn't necessarily true

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nerminr  pm is all online..you knew that when you signed up , technology does fail from time to time.. lol.. look  at the situation A few months ago.. huge company shut down everything.. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

From previous experience with PM Customer Service, the security checks are things they do most of the time to prevent people from accessing other people's information. Most of the questions you should be able to answer easily without access to your account. 
Ex.

• The PIN you created when you set up your account initially isn't found on your account (at least not that I am aware of) so you would just need to remember that.
  • What rate plan do you have? They don't need the formal name of it. But you likely know what your pre-discount pay rate is or how many GB of data you have, etc. Ex. I am on the $25 1GB 3G plan.
  • Self Service you can cheat with a bit. Just say it's been a while (assuming you didn't do it recently, or if you have a rough idea, you could say the generic month "July" but the last time you tried was today.)
  • How many years is also a memory thing. When do you recall signing up? Might help if you remember your loyalty discount? You mentioned the $2 auto pay so you are on the old system, so are you getting $1-$5 extra for loyalty? If you recall that you can get a rough idea. You get text every time your payment is due showing what discounts you get, you can see your loyalty discount there if you did not delete it.

Out of all of those, remembering your PIN is usually enough to get by if you are close enough with the others.

You said you submitted 10 tickets; did you mean today or over the course of your time here. Wondering if you sent 10 in basically a row on the same topic if your messages are being seen as spam and being filtered out. Usually, 1 ticket is sufficient per issue. The mods are a mix of busy and sleepy so it can take a day or three sometimes to get a response. Looks like you got one fairly quickly, so that's good! With the website having an outage (which they posted about) odds are the ticket volume is high from people like you struggling to pay, or simply people who didn't see the posting and letting them know the website is broken.

Reason for the security: Looking at your profile, you only just made the community account, it would be very easy for someone to make a community account then try to steal someone else's data. Confirming you are indeed you, and not a malicious person is a needed safety step they need to do before giving you access to the account. You know you are you and that it is legally your account, but support doesn't!

HI @Nerminr 

You might not be able to answer them all, but I don't see any problem answering most of them

What is your PIN? 

OK if you don't know this

What rate plan do you have? 

Don't tell me you don't know

When was the last time you logged into the self-serve portal? 

this is just estimation, logging in My account won't give you this info 

How many years have you been with Public Mobile? 

My account won't give you answer to this either, but this is not hard to give a rough estimation

I think just  answer as many as you can and be honest and they will help

CC T   S might ask you the same question anyway.  LoL 

Nerminr

Dont make me shone you aswell lol . 

How do you expect me to find all this information if i cant even log in .

Here tell me how can retreive all this information ? 

Sorry brother/sister ive had enough already from public mobile.  

HI@Nerminr   that is a good step, but did you reply?

Nerminr

I submitted a ticket 10 times i think by now. 

All i get is this 

CS_Agent
CS_Agent to Nerminr
59m ago

Re:  System error. Please try again.

Dear Nerminr

Thank you for contacting me again

I am sorry I misunderstood. Are you are trying to access your self serve account

If that is the case for security reasons I really do need you verify the following information

* What is your PIN?

* What rate plan do you have?

• When was the last time you logged into the self-serve portal?

* How many years have you been with Public Mobile?

I look forward to getting your answer so I can continue to assist you

Sincerely,

Jorge_M

Public Mobile Customer Support Agent

Notice the "really" in bold letters haha .

Public public....

HI @Nerminr   

I don't mind to file complain, but sometimes people complain too fast and forgot that they can settle it quicker with support

I quickly read some of your posts , I don't think you gone through the proper process yet.   

Did you open ticket to engage PM support?

Did you try to find a solution first?

Or you just want to make it big and just want to complain ?

We try to help you to get the issue fixed first, but seems like you are more into complain and complain

Good luck.  And no worry,  once the system detects that 4 letters CC T   S, it will send a message to the CS or Community manager. 

Nerminr

I would advise anyone who is having issues or any other complaints to use the email above to report anything you think may be of a concern. 

They will be more the glady to help you out. 

If anyone has any other questions pleaae dont hesitate to ask.

Are you willing to buy a voucher from a store or online? Are you able to dial 611?

@Yummy- That is incorrect. Turning off autopay will stop the autopay reward.

Nerminr

How though? I am still umable to sign in and public mobile wont help me. 

@Nerminr wrote:

What about the autopay rewards?  I normally would be saving $2 i think just for that alone. 

Due to the "crash" i am unable to renew my payment. 

Keep your credit card on file. Remove autopay so PM will not charge your card. Pay by voucher. You will keep autopay reward since card is on file.

@Nerminr wrote:

What about the autopay rewards?  I normally would be saving $2 i think just for that alone. 

@Nerminr   no worry about autopay rewards, you will still get it as long as it is enabled.

Many members here are doing this, have a credit card setup with Autopay enabled, but manually top up using different means and they are still earning the $2 rewards

Call 611 and listen to your balance. If your account did not renew for lack of payment then the rewards will already be in. If your services are still working then the rewards will pay in at the renewal and the system will take the renewal amount out of the balance. The autopay card can even be an empty credit card gift card and you can use vouchers and still get the autopay reward. All the other rewards you get will also pay in.

Nerminr

There is NO compensation from PM for anything. Unless you bought USA add-on and it did not work at all (maybe).

You will not lose your loyalty reward no matter how do you pay. Your loyalty is related to being PM customer not how do you pay for service.

@Nerminr   You won't loss anything for using voucher, it is still just a method of payment

Assuming you are on the old rewards, as long as you have Enabled Autopay, you will get the $2 Autopay discount even you manually load the voucher 

Nerminr

Will i loss all my loyalty and what not if i pay via voucher? 

What rewards will I be missing out on by having to resort to pay via vocher? 

Will public mobile compensate for the inconvience? 

Thank you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Nerminr   to prevent it, don't wait to top up till last day.  Anything can happen, it can be your credit card, can be PM

For a perfect provider, there is no such thing. Even Rogers has a major national outage couple months ago.  Telus has a major one to the West last year.

I think, always have a backup plan.  Have some VoIP app just in case the phone, mobile data is down.  Manually pay couple days earlier

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Nobody can. PM provided announcement. If you have to pay renewal try to get voucher and then call 611.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nerminr 

Being here for the last couple of years I have come accustomed to the bugs in the system. I see it as a trade off between having a cheap plan. Plus the rewards help to reduce your cost. If you need something more reliable then you need to pay more for a tier 1 company.

No technical service will be 100% reliable all the time. Get serious. The country was brought down by Rogers earlier this year. Stuff happens.

What matters is that the service works. Mine is. Maybe go to recharge.com and buy a voucher and call 611 and see if it reactivates the services. Report back your experience.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nerminr 

You can dial 611 and pay with your CC on file or pay with a voucher.

@Nerminr wrote:

Do you know of any other cell phone providers here in Canada that are reliable? Thank you

@Nerminr   honest, everyone has some problem here or there, just whether it affects you and whether it hits you on the worst time

🙂

Nerminr

Will i lose all my loyalty and what not? 

Nerminr

Do you know of any other cell phone providers here in Canada that are reliable? Thank you

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Buy a voucher online or in stores and use 611 to enter it. Your account will reactivate. Assuming of course that with the system being down that entering vouchers will in fact restart the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.