cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synching your data usage with your phone?

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

Can someone here tell me how to synch your plans data coverage with your phone?  I'm on the $15 monthly plan and it renews on February 3rd, 2020.  My plan started on January 4th, 2020.  I have currently used 28mb of data.  However, when I check my phone stats for Public Mobile data coverage, it shows that I have used 9mb of data.  And my phone's coverage shows a start date from January 18 to February 17, 2020 and that I have 15 days left even though I should only have 1 day left.  I do remember resetting my phone to factory defaults during the month.  Not sure if it was done on January 18th though.  And not sure if that has any effect at all.  Wondering if this will synch itself up after the renewal or not?  Anyone else notice this and have a solution?  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

You are welcome @mobileguy . Glad that we could help you . Enjoy the super bowl spectacle. 

@mobileguy wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@mobileguy Android: Settings, network, data usage, data limit, usage cycle. On Android 9.0. Set to your renewal date (day) and voila.

It could be a bit different on other versions but this should let you stumble in there at least. There's more in there to find also, like setting warnings and limits.

Thanks everyone.  I am using ChuckYeah's suggestion and was able to reset the counter to show only 1 day remaining for my current data coverage cycle.

mobileguy

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@mobileguy Android: Settings, network, data usage, data limit, usage cycle. On Android 9.0. Set to your renewal date (day) and voila.

It could be a bit different on other versions but this should let you stumble in there at least. There's more in there to find also, like setting warnings and limits.

Thanks everyone.  I am using ChuckYeah's suggestion and was able to reset the counter to show only 1 day remaining for my current data coverage cycle.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Also remember, your phone will go from Month day to next month dat -1 or January 1 to Jan 31 which is actually 31 days but it will keep you honest. It is important to also consider that your phones measurement is not the final say, your data useage on self serve is, for the most part, the final word. 

mobileguy

@gblackma, I am using the Google Pixel 3a currently running on Android 10.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mobileguy You have to do it manually and @ChuckYeah  has asked the right question. But I would also add what is the Make and model of phone ? Thanks.

@mobileguy wrote:

Hi,

Can someone here tell me how to synch your plans data coverage with your phone?  I'm on the $15 monthly plan and it renews on February 3rd, 2020.  My plan started on January 4th, 2020.  I have currently used 28mb of data.  However, when I check my phone stats for Public Mobile data coverage, it shows that I have used 9mb of data.  And my coverage is from January 18 to February 17, 2020 and that I have 15 days left even though I should only have 1 day left.  I do remember resetting my phone to factory defaults during the month.  Not sure if it was done on January 18th though.  And not sure if that has any effect at all.  Wondering if this will synch itself up after the renewal or not?  Anyone else notice this and have a solution?  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mobileguy wrote:

Hi,

Can someone here tell me how to synch your plans data coverage with your phone?  I'm on the $15 monthly plan and it renews on February 3rd, 2020.  My plan started on January 4th, 2020.  I have currently used 28mb of data.  However, when I check my phone stats for Public Mobile data coverage, it shows that I have used 9mb of data.  And my coverage is from January 18 to February 17, 2020 and that I have 15 days left even though I should only have 1 day left.  I do remember resetting my phone to factory defaults during the month.  Not sure if it was done on January 18th though.  And not sure if that has any effect at all.  Wondering if this will synch itself up after the renewal or not?  Anyone else notice this and have a solution?  Thanks.

The account counter and the phone counter are not connected. Some phones let you set the term of the phone counter. Some not. A customer back in the day made a program called Data Witness that can be used to set the term to match your 30 days if your phone will only do a month.

mobileguy

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Android or Iphone?

@ChuckYeah, Android please.  I'm using the Google Pixel 3a.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Android or Iphone?

Need Help? Let's chat.