cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Public Mobile

t300cat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

How can I switch my current cell no. to the $15.00 plan?

Thank you.

Terry

10 REPLIES 10

Midoche

How do I switch my number to public mobile?

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- Subject lines are your friend. 🙂

Living in the Matrix and understanding the code, can be sometimes unclear @dust2dust 

esjliv_0-1661990379756.png

Awe Yes, I see it now - all clear!

@esjliv- Subject lines are your friend. 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@t300cat I read your question that you already had a public mobile account and you were just trying to change plans.

If you are just trying to change plans, see this help article on how to do this, here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

If you are wanting to activate a new public mobile sim card and port your number over from another provider, then I guess other members understood this correctly, so see their posts.

edit, reading your Subject Line actually clarifies what you are asking...so striked out above; others have you covered.

👍

@t300cat wrote:

IC.

Thank you so much🌹

self solution removed

@t300cat wrote:

IC.

Thank you so much🌹

Don't pick your answer as Solution. Remove that and pick REAL solution.

t300cat

IC.

Thank you so much🌹

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@t300cat hi first you need to buy a sim the fastest way is go to a telus or koodo store to pick one up or you can order one here ,go to shop top of the page ,then you just need to go to the activate page and pick your plan activate your sim 😀

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

- Purchase a new Public Mobile SIM card.

- Have a payment card ready, either a Canadian credit card or Visa debit

- Decide what email address you wish to use on the Activation Portal – each account has to have unique email

- Seek a referral code from a friend or relative who may have active PM service - this will save each of you money. You can ask for referral code here if you care to receive $10 sign up bonus. Person providing referral code will receive 1 point as long as you are PM’s customer.

- Start process of creating PM self-serving account and enter all relevant and required information

Yummy_0-1661976855709.png

THEN after everything works as expected initiate transfer number. Keep BOTH account active.

Yummy_1-1661976940795.png

@t300cat wrote:

How can I switch my current cell no. to the $15.00 plan?

You ca only transfer a phone number to Public Mobile if is currently still active at your old carrier.  Also, the number needs to be from a city that Public mobile normally offers phone numbers for.  Which city is it from?   Assuming that the number can be transfered to Public Mobile, the first thing that you will need to do is purchase a Public Mobile SIM card. They can be purcahsed at Telus/Kooodo stores or from the Public Mobile website.

Need Help? Let's chat.