cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plans

Camshaft1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Another question... would you guys say it's good for me to switch plans to the $39/month 20gb plan or stay on the current one? Pic attached for reference. Also was wondering about if I switch can I use a promo code and how are my existing point rewards with it? Thanks a lot and really appreciate your feedback. Stay knowledgeable you geniuses!!

Screenshot_20230726-145628_Public Mobile.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

@gpixel  Pixel I started 90 days with 1x reward . The after paying the 90 day cycle I get 1x rewards every 30 days for total over 3x rewards for the sept 28 renewal . So works out perfectly I think that’s not including community reward ether hers what my newest payment looks like . Minus July and aug community reward dose show June thou 

Handy1_0-1690466858661.png

@Handy1 

so you paid PM extra money upfront and you didn't get your 2 months rewards out of that? 

Pmir124
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Look at how much data you consume normally. That will answer your question 

Be aware that you can't go back to that plan once you've changed. It might still be a suggestion to deposit enough into your account to get the balance up to the new plan cost (taking into account any reward expectations).

I'm on an older plan that I don't need to spend the couple extra dollars to change up. I'm not at all getting my moneys worth. But I have other things going on with the account that I don't care about that on the surface value.

Camshaft1

@dust2dust totally. That's why I was curious 🙂 I think it would be beneficial for the data alone. Might just take the night and think about it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, there aren't any mid-level data buckets available anymore. It goes from 1gb all the way to 20gb. So you would have to decide for yourself whether springing an $4 is reasonable for the more data. One might conclude that right now you're not getting your moneys worth for what you're paying simply for the data value. The same argument can be made for other old plans. But if you were satisfied with the cost and data bucket then you could just choose to keep going.

Camshaft1

@Yummy fair enough. I guess I was just trying to get others perspective as well

@Camshaft1  You and me both my friend 🙂

Camshaft1

Whoa that's awesome. I'll still be paying a bit more but I'll get more rewards soon. Haven't actively tried but I like saving...

@Camshaft1  Yes . I’m guilty 😉

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I doubt anybody can advise you what plan is the best for you.
YOU should calculate and weight pro and cons and make informative decision.
This is like asking should you buy Nestle or Häagen-Dazs ice cream. Pure personal preference...

BTW, all reward, points, whatever stay with you as they are tied up with your account, not plan. If you are on Points then amounts might change due to different plan cost. $ rewards stay as is.
Usually any promos are applied to New customers. Existing customers changing plan in most cases do not get anything Unless! it is clearly stated in promo offer or plan.

Camshaft1

@Handy1  wicked thanks! Do you just have everything on notifications or what? Haha

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Camshaft1  Just change plan for next renewal and not immediately. Or you lose money on current cycle no pro rating here . And there is no promo code for that plan. And your rewards will stay the same 

Add I just switched to this plan and keep my old rewards check it out 

Handy1_0-1690409519448.png

Need Help? Let's chat.