cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plans after renewing

appledms95
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am interested in switching plans however  my current plan auto-renewed yesterday.  If I were to switch now, would I have to repay and lose money? Would it be better to wait til toward the end of the next renewal period?

6 REPLIES 6

@appledms95 wrote:

Ok thanks! And to Change at Next Renewal, is there a button to select? Because I want to do that but I don't want to accidentally change right now and lose the data i paid for

@appledms95  Yes, the options are on the bottom of your screen.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@appledms95 wrote:

I am interested in switching plans however  my current plan auto-renewed yesterday.  If I were to switch now, would I have to repay and lose money?

@appledms95  Yes, if you make an immediate plan change you would lose your money.

Would it be better to wait til toward the end of the next renewal period?

No need to wait. You can schedule the plan change now and pick the option to take effect on your next renewal date.

appledms95
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok thanks! And to Change at Next Renewal, is there a button to select? Because I want to do that but I don't want to accidentally change right now and lose the data i paid for

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@appledms95 wrote:

I am interested in switching plans however  my current plan auto-renewed yesterday.  If I were to switch now, would I have to repay and lose money? Would it be better to wait til toward the end of the next renewal period?

If you switch now, you'll lose whatever balance of talk/text/data is on your current plan. You have the option though, to Change at next renewal.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@appledms95  if you switch now, you lose what you just paid to renew and you are charged for the new plan immediately. It's better to switch upon your next cycle renewal date. Here's an article on switching plans  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would be better off to change on your next renewal so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Need Help? Let's chat.