cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching number, keeping the plan

Marynabilousova
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have a PM plan and a President Choice pay as you go plan, I would like to port my president choice number to my PM account (I don't mind loosing the current number) but would like to stay on the same PM plan as I have now, is this possible?
7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Marynabilousova you were in the right place.  The second option is actually:

"Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider"

That is the option you need to choose, and you wil be given the port in request form.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Marynabilousova
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
That sounds great! But when I go to Change number I am only given 2 options 1. Choose new number from a list 2. Port existing PM number to a different provider 😞 so I am not sure where exactly can I port my number in

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Porting is a simple self serve function.  There is no impact to existing plan with a number change.  My suggestion is to wait until the dust settles on the current promotion before embarking on any kind of account change.  In the event that something goes wrong, the turnaround time for moderator help is several days.  Unless this change is time sensitive, waiting a bit is good idea.

I have a question on this, will friend referals follow onto the number phone number?

I had an issue when I signed up, my temp PM Number was still my PM Number in the refral system, after my WIND number was successfully ported in.  I had some friends who could not use my number to set a referal.

Tech team had to take a couple days to correct this.  

Sure you can do that. Login to your self serve click on change number. Then select transfer wireless number and fill up porting required fields you need old carrier accou t number vm pin. Once your porting process get completed your pc plan will be canceled automatically and , your pm plan stay active with pc number.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Port from President choice to pm. You'll lose your current pm number and your president choice number will be ported over your current plan.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

If i understand this:

You want to port your PC number over into your PM account, and lose the PM number? It is possible. On your plan you will just have your PC number instead of the PM number after the port, and your PC account will close. 

If someone could confirm this is the correct information

Need Help? Let's chat.