cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from the old $120/90 days 12 GB plan to the new $29/30 days 20 GB account.

AKKL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm thinking to switch from the old $120/90 days 12 GB plan to the $29/30 days 20 GB promotion plan.

I understand there is nothing we can do about being forced to move to the new Reward Points system.

But will I lose all my current add-ons? I'm not so worried about the data add-ons, but I have a bunch of US & Canada Long Distance and INTL Long Distance minutes that I would like to keep.

Can a moderator confirm before I pull the trigger?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

AKKL

Thank you for the shortcut to submitting a ticket.

As much as I would like to accept everyone's assurances, I did go ahead and submitted a ticket just to be sure.

My plan just renewed so there is no rush to switch it immediately. And yes, I will be setting to change on upcoming renewal. Thank you for the guidance.

HI@AKKL 

don't ask chatbot.  if you like, ask agent directly via ticket

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Answers from the chat bot are still hit and miss, and vague and occasionally misleading. It likely isn't programmed to differentiate between pre January 2023 add-ons and new (expiring) add-ons.

Between all the accounts I help manage we have changed plans more than a dozen times over the last year or so. All the non-expiring add-ons, both LD and data, bought and gifted, have stayed on the according accounts.

Just a reminder to schedule the plan change for the upcoming renewal so that you don't lose non-refundable plan cost and plan data.

While you will very likely lose the expiring 240GB "loyalty gift" as indicated in the T&C when downgrading plans... The $29 plan is a 4G plan without "unlimited throttled after limit" data, you'd be switching in the same category of plans, so there is no compatibility issue (which would only affect data) at all. Just further proving that the bot has given you the most generic answer possible, that might or might not be correct for your  situation.

AKKL

This is what I asked the chat-bot: "will I lose my add-ons if I change to a new plan"

The chat-bot answered: "If you change your plan, your add-ons will fall off and no longer be valid. You will need to purchase new add-ons that are compatible with your new plan."

I understand everyone with the quick reply are being helpful and I appreciate it, but just wondering if there is an "official" post from a moderator that backs up the opposite of what the Public Mobile chat-bot is answering.

I have (500+500+500+400) INTL LD minutes + 200 US & Canada Long Distance minutes.

AKKL

Thank you for the prompt response. When I asked the chat-bot and it told me my add-ons will fall off the account. Which is why I was hoping a moderator could confirm before I commit to it.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will not lose any of your add-ons unless they have expiry date.

@AKKL wrote:

I'm thinking to switch from the old $120/90 days 12 GB plan to the $29/30 days 20 GB promotion plan.

I understand there is nothing we can do about being forced to move to the new Reward Points system.

But will I lose all my current add-ons? I'm not so worried about the data add-ons, but I have a bunch of US & Canada Long Distance and INTL Long Distance minutes that I would like to keep.

Can a moderator confirm before I pull the trigger?

This isn't something that a customer support agent needs to be contacted about.  The only add-on that you would lose would be the add-on that was given in conjunction with the announcement to the forced change to points.  All other add-ons will remain untouched after this plan change.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AKKL 

the only add-on you will loss is the special 150 days bonus addon and PM just gave you because you are downgrading your plan (in price)

but if you still have the 2GB Christmas addons and the 500 LD mins addons, all those will stay in your account even after plan change

Need Help? Let's chat.