cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plans - How do current rewards transfer over

ellenanddavid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

I am considering changing my plan but I am on the old reward system.

Does anyone know if switching plans will my current rewards still take effect? ( IE I get $4 off a month now) The new plan does not say I need to convert to the new system ( Public Points). So would that mean I would start paying the new plan -$4 per month going forward or does it not work like that?

Thanks for answering this question!

10 REPLIES 10

@ellenanddavid wrote:

@computergeek541 any idea where the list of countries that can be called with the free 500 International Long Distance Minutes are?

The list is here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-with-Public-Mobile/td-p...

However, the list provided by Public Mobile isn't complete. Many of the countries included in the paid international logn distance add-on also can be called, but this could be halted at any time as those countries were never advertised as being included.

ellenanddavid

@computergeek541 any idea where the list of countries that can be called with the free 500 International Long Distance Minutes are?

Thanks again!

@ellenanddavid   those annual gifts from PM , together with other paid addons you got, will stay on your account as usual.  Those will be there until all used up.

@ellenanddavid wrote:

Thanks @softech How about the yearly public gifts like the bonus 2GB and the 500Min International Long Distance. Do those carry over to the new plan?

You will keep those until you've used them all up. Those are actually free add-ons and not part of the rewards program.

ellenanddavid

Thanks @softech How about the yearly public gifts like the bonus 2GB and the 500Min International Long Distance. Do those carry over to the new plan?

@ellenanddavid wrote:

Thanks so much @computergeek541  Any idea if the legacy point system is better than the new Public Points or is Public Points better than the legacy point system?

The old system is much better.  The loss of loyalty and pre-authorized payment rewards is almost never made up by the spend-based/percentage-based points.

@ellenanddavid   the old system is MUCH MUCH better than the new one.  So, do NOT migrate

Here is the comparison

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

ellenanddavid

Thanks so much @computergeek541  Any idea if the legacy point system is better than the new Public Points or is Public Points better than the legacy point system?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ellenanddavid   No worry about the rewards.  Changing plan won't migrate your rewards.  You will be on the old rewards

The only thing you need to be careful is check if you have those activation promotion, something like 2GB for xx months.  Usually you see it under My Promotions section.  Changing plan would loss that.  But if you don't have any of those, then nothing to worry about

@ellenanddavid wrote:

Hi All,

I am considering changing my plan but I am on the old reward system.

Does anyone know if switching plans will my current rewards still take effect? ( IE I get $4 off a month now) The new plan does not say I need to convert to the new system ( Public Points). So would that mean I would start paying the new plan -$4 per month going forward or does it not work like that?

Thanks for answering this question!

You'll keep all of your current rewards. Points are not part of any specific plan and there's no need to switch to points.

Need Help? Let's chat.