cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to pm

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Help: I am going to help my friend switch her phone to PM online as unfortunately no store s doing this anymore in here.

So, what informations should I have about my friend? And steps? 
I am nervous 😬 

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

Failed to port in upon activation? If the old account is still active or not active (but not canceled) and with koodo or telus you can still port in thru the change number feature in the self serve account. You will need the following info....

• Provider
  • Full name on the account.
  • Phone number
  • Old provider's account #.
  • Or if the account # cannot be provided the IMEI# of the phone. Just double check that you enter the IMEI# correctly. Worse case scenario you can use the account's PIN #.

Then ensure the old Sim card is in the phone to reply YES to the PAT ( porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. If that is not possible then call the old provider's customer service line immediately after you request the port to verify you are the account holder and verbally authorize the port request. If the phone number is from PC mobility or koodo prepaid the procedure to transfer the phone number is to take a temporary number and contact customer support to transfer the phone number over and assign it to the account.

If your friend intends to stick with the new number make sure they remove any payment card set up for pre-authorized payment and/or cancel the old account if it is a postpaid account.

Lehaha

Thanks for your details, but we still failed lol, so she decided just give up the old number and get a new number from PM

From the previous provider.

Lehaha

Where she could know her account number?

porcupine

first is sim card then his account number then credit card then email then keep old number very easy to do i have done 4 phones 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

Adding to everyone comments.

If you friend is porting her old number over to PM.

1- The most important step is her current account must be Active 

2- Leave the old SIM in her phone and wait for a text confirming she is porting over to PM…remember there is a 90 minute window or porting will be aborted.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

Don't be nervous. You will need from your friend:

• The Sim card #.
  • Their email address. (If they ordered a CPO PM phone for the $30 credit then the email used for the phone order.)
  • Either their credit/debit card #, expiry, CVV and the billing address's postal code or if you are using your credit card and they don't have a card to put on file then you will need one to replace your card details. Private message me and I can give you the card details of a $0 visa gift card.
  • Choose a temporary phone number from Alberta to pay only gst on the plan amount. You can change the phone number or port in afterwards thru the change number feature in the self serve account.
  • 12MONTHS2GB should still work for the promocode box.
  • Your referral code for the referral code box.
  • Take screenshots of each activation page and the transaction summary.
  • Have a password and 4 digit account PIN # chosen ahead of time and written down along with the correct spelling of the email address.
  • A tasty beverage in case you get dry mouth from being nervous to activate your friend.

I have done an activation in as little as 7 minutes to get it in under the wire. But you may want to wait until after midnight eastern so the first day of the 30 day plan is a full 24 hours. Good Luck!!😀👍

Yes, if they want to port the number here. 

Lehaha

“account number” means from other provider?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The friend needs a sim, an email address, a credit card, if bringing a number from elsewhere then the provider and account number and sim, your referral code, (are those 2gb promos still valid with all the new plans?). Then click on the big Activate link up top and go through the steps. Read it all carefully.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

She'll need a:

•  SIM card
  • Credit card
  • Email address
  • Your PM  referral code,  if you're currently a customer (optional,  but good for both of you)

Then,  click activate on top of page

Need Help? Let's chat.