cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch plans, will the bonus packages stay?

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At the moment I have a grandfathered plan and would like to switch to the $15 plan. But in the last few years I have accumulated a ton of Gigs and I am wondering if those GB bonus packages will still stay after the plan switch.

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
1GB Promo
5GB one-time data bonus

Thanks a lot.

6 REPLIES 6

@ute1978 If you don't want to pay $5 for the 500 minute add-on to cover times you've used up the outgoing allowance, get the Fongo or TextNow app for free wifi calling (also cellular data). You can use either to call your number to grab any voicemails for free too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ute1978

@esjliv wrote:

@esjlivI don't even remember when I got those. In April it will be 5 years loyalty with Public Mobile. Sa-Weet indeed 🙂 I need just 4 more referrals then Public Mobile pays my plan... lol.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ute1978 wrote:

At the moment I have a grandfathered plan and would like to switch to the $15 plan. But in the last few years I have accumulated a ton of Gigs and I am wondering if those GB bonus packages will still stay after the plan switch.

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
1GB Promo
5GB one-time data bonus

Thanks a lot.

Hello @ute1978 , as I understand it, if any of the add-ons currently on your account were connected to the current plan you activated (so you activated the plan with a add-on promo), then that particular add-on would be connected to your current plan.

This may mean, that if you change your plan, the add-on you got a promo for, goes away with it (based on the terms and conditions at the time the promo was offered).

But, if these add-ons were "gifts" along your journey with being a PM, loyal, customer than, these are yours to keep, even when you change plans along the way. 

Sa-Weet!

@ute1978 when customers take advantage of the rewards program, public mobile is unmatched! even if pm offers the same plans as lucky or chatr(in reality they don't...)

ute1978

@Jb456 wrote:

Yes they will stay.

Oh my! Then I have 7 GB of data to use up. Because I don't use a lot of data it will take a year. And with my loyalty rewards, the autopay and the referral credits that $15 plan will cost me $4 a month... Loyalty pays. Thank you Public Mobile.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes they will stay.

Click change plan then pick a new plan.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan.

2= Change at next renewal. The choice most want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

take note. Grandfathered plan is likely 4 g internet. All new plans are  still lte but throttled to 3 g speed. (3mbs). If you switch you won't get the old plan back.

Need Help? Let's chat.