cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch away from auto pay

Deadbodyman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know how I would go about switching from auto pay, to topping up at a kiosk/gas station card? Or changing credit card information to use Visa gift cards? My bank is shutting me off apparently 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darkomega : Good to know. I carry a balance on two of my 3 accounts so those have spent-out Vanilla gift cards to satisfy autopay. My third account doesn't have much going for it so it has the Koho. Hopefully I can just keep it afloat without needing to hit the card.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@Deadbodyman : I'm not sure why the uncertain words from a long time participant here who should know better but absolutely you can change the card over to use something like a Koho Visa or Stack Mastercard or certainly those non-refillable gift cards like Vanilla (not MyVanilla). There are others.

I personally use the wealth simple cash card for the higher cashback rate.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Deadbodyman 

If you intend to just pay with vouchers then leave your current card registered for autopay to recieve the $2 reward and the 500mb data bonus. If you still want to have a card registered as a back up plan then yu can register most visa or m/c gift cards as long as they have a CVV and an expiry date or get a koho card that takes 5 minutes to sign up for and 5 business days to be mailed to you. Use a referral code to earn extra cashback over and above the 0.5%. They may even have a referral bonus credit at the moment. Private message me and I will give you a list of community members you can private message for their code.

Vouchers are available at many small cellular businesses and larger retailers. The following list of retailers all offer pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase.

1. London Drugs
  2. Shell Stations
  3. 7/11
  4. SEN
  5. TMS
  6. RCSS
  7. Wal-Mart
  8. Circle K

RTP (real time payments) are available at Canadian Tire gas bars and Mobil stations for for a $1 fee and are loaded by giving the clerk your 10 digit phone number.

Online payments can be made at recharge.com and ding.com for about an 8% surcharge.

More member contributed info and real examples of vouchers can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Deadbodyman   you can in fact leave your credit card there to take advantage of the $2

For the payment, you can manually add voucher to your account ahead of each renewal day.  Just buy vouchers from SDM or Shell or 7-11 or Loblaws.  Their vouchers can be used immediately after purchase.  Once you got the voucher, just load it via My Account or *611.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Deadbodyman : I'm not sure why the uncertain words from a long time participant here who should know better but absolutely you can change the card over to use something like a Koho Visa or Stack Mastercard or certainly those non-refillable gift cards like Vanilla (not MyVanilla). There are others.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Deadbodyman I think you could register one of the reloadable visa gift cards that way you can still get your autopay discount.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

meta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go to My Account, click the Payment tab at the top, click Automatic Payments, then there will be a Remove Autopay link.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Deadbodyman, to de-register from Autopay, sign on "My Account", and then click on the "Payment" tab, next click on "Automatic Payments".  In 'Automatic Payments", click on the button "Remove AutoPay" and you will be removed from AutoPay.  Also don't forget to remove any credit/debit cards that you put there with Autopay.  From then on, you will only be paying with manual payments or topup. 

Hope this helps.  

Need Help? Let's chat.