cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious User Thread

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Ah its that time of year again when newbies start trying to game system to get a $2 credit Cat LOL

This one looks a tad suspicious

Creates new account, gives 27 bravos to a single user despite never making a single post, then vanishes same day account was created

Hmm

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/37170

53 REPLIES 53

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I can tell you all what I think from reading all conversation.

This specific account with so many friends on the same IP to get his plan to zero looks like a SIM card dealer.

Here is another nearly comical thread

I actually responded to the suspicious account, then like 1 minute later "that" poster jumped in and took credit for my suggestion lol and the other (shill) account thanked *him* for helping lol

He then calls out ShawnC13 for some reason??? & Ndesai

At first I was unsure but if its his word vs 2 of the Oracles makes it pretty sure now

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/phone-was-deactivated-when-I-...

ute1978

@AlexOfAnders wrote:

Actually, this raises a question for me. If 2 or more people sign up and decided to hang around here giving each other bravos on enough junk posts to boost their rankings, that's against community guidelines too right?

You bet.

I remember the last time some members got eaten alive because they kept cheating.

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@sl, you say he is the one everyone goes to in your community for help.  You have the same IP but don't know where he lives?  *sorry everyone I will stop replying to the thread*

@ShawnC13 I understand the temptation to keep replying, I feel like he's weaving a strange tale to try and make things sound legit. From what I can gather, this is the tale so far...
He's been singlehandedly signing up people in his community to Public Mobile but there is only one public computer for them all to use. Guess none of them are getting data and this must be a pretty remote place. I'd assume he must have control of the computer that's why the other accounts are only allowed to go on after him to bravo all of his posts as "thank you" for his help setting up the accounts.

Actually, this raises a question for me. If 2 or more people sign up and decided to hang around here giving each other bravos on enough junk posts to boost their rankings, that's against community guidelines too right?

@sl wrote:

@Rabbi wrote:

@sl wrote:

hi @Rabbi

please stay helping me and all coomunty

hi @Mary_M @NDesai @kav2001c @ShawnC13 @shartomjam

please dont make @Rabbi go out to help

in our coomunty we have the new pm plans with 611 help that nobody have

evry time one of our coomunty (its arround 50 peple as now with pm) have a problom we call @Rabbi and he help us 

please dont make him go out

hi @imm1304 the only think to stay helping other peple is the glass of coofee you ask for rabi to send me

thanks 

Oracle

Re: its possible to have a list of all members ?

@rabi wrote:

@ShawnC13 @NDesai @imm1304 i not allowed to give bravo for members that help me out ?

Hi @rabi!

Yes of course you can bravo helpful posts in this community.  Feel free to participate and engage in discussions and help out if you like.  

Also, give @Rabbi a cup of coffee on this bone chilling afternoon as a thank you for helping you.  

hi @Rabbi i will also give you a glass of cofee with cake please send me in prvt msg you addrees as now

evry time one of our coomunty (its arround 50 peple as now with pm) have a problom we call 

and he help us 

@sl, you say he is the one everyone goes to in your community for help.  You have the same IP but don't know where he lives?  *sorry everyone I will stop replying to the thread*

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Can we just ban this guy for a few days until he understands?

ute1978

Popcorn-Emoji-worried.png

Not the first and not the last one trying to cheat the system.

sl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Rabbi wrote:

@sl wrote:

hi @Rabbi

evry time one of our coomunty (its arround 50 peple as now with pm) have a problom we call @Rabbi and he help us 

hi @imm1304 the only think to stay helping other peple is the glass of coofee you ask for rabi to send me

thanks 

Oracle

@rabi wrote:

@ShawnC13 @NDesai @imm1304 i not allowed to give bravo for members that help me out ?

Hi @rabi!

Yes of course you can bravo helpful posts in this community.  Feel free to participate and engage in discussions and help out if you like.  

Also, give @Rabbi a cup of coffee on this bone chilling afternoon as a thank you for helping you.  

hi @Rabbi i will also give you a glass of cofee with cake please send me in prvt msg you addrees as now

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sl wrote:

hi @Rabbi

thanks 

Oracle

@rabi wrote:

Hi @rabi!

Rabbi

@NDesai can you check how mutch pm plans wos done by this ip address, its also one mane with 20 plans, please check it

Rabbi

we our using a public pc

@sl Funny that you are now offline and Rabbi is online after going Offline for a few mins. 

sl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi @Rabbi

@Rabbi wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Rabbiwrote:

@ShawnC13 i got today about 9 bravos its look some suspicious to have this amount in one day, can you ask the mod meaby to remove it

Just don't argue. If you get bravos from a user who is helping other users by posting quality posts and from time to time engages in other discussions or you have successfully helped them with a helpful post, then it's valid. If a member is giving bravos to only one user and on posts that are not really helpful, then it is nothing but cheating the system. 

You were caught by having multiple accounts on a single IP address. Do you think you and your friend share the Internet connection? You will be in the eyes of many other members here, so please, just don't start another topic asking pointless questions or post multiple posts instead of one to help a user. FYI, you can always edit your post so you don't have to keep posting a new post every time you think user needs to know something. I am sure you already know this, but yet, you keep posting multiple posts one after another instead of editing what you posted.  

i am using a public pc

Just stop already. There are enough proofs other than the IP address. 

@Rabbi wrote:

@NDesai its only that @ShawnC13 jump agan & agan on all my bravos this make to stop helping others & stop refering others that a lot of how refer brovo me 

Well, he is right claiming that there is another user who gave bravos to only you and those should be removed. Looking at your profile and seeing who gave you bravos, i am not going to question why Luddite or srlawren gave you 4 bravos, but the user, ari, gave you 27 bravos where other users gave you 1 or 2, what do you think about this? Please don't say your friends like you. 

Rabbi

@NDesai wrote:

@Rabbiwrote:

@ShawnC13 i got today about 9 bravos its look some suspicious to have this amount in one day, can you ask the mod meaby to remove it

Just don't argue. If you get bravos from a user who is helping other users by posting quality posts and from time to time engages in other discussions or you have successfully helped them with a helpful post, then it's valid. If a member is giving bravos to only one user and on posts that are not really helpful, then it is nothing but cheating the system. 

You were caught by having multiple accounts on a single IP address. Do you think you and your friend share the Internet connection? You will be in the eyes of many other members here, so please, just don't start another topic asking pointless questions or post multiple posts instead of one to help a user. FYI, you can always edit your post so you don't have to keep posting a new post every time you think user needs to know something. I am sure you already know this, but yet, you keep posting multiple posts one after another instead of editing what you posted.  

i am using a public pc

Rabbi

@NDesai its only that @ShawnC13 jump agan & agan on all my bravos this make to stop helping others & stop refering others that a lot of how refer brovo me 

@Rabbiwrote:

Rabbi

Rabbi

@ShawnC13 i just got 2 bravos from @BRCD meaby shulde @Mary_M also removed  it

Rabbi

hi @kav2001c @ShawnC13 @shartomjam

no prablom remove all bravos i got from all my freinds

my plan is anyway for free for refer all my freinds

go ahead

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kav2001c, yes it has been sent to MODS and they are aware.  They were supposed to remove the Bravos I guess time to send @Mary_M a message to look into it again for bravo removal.  This was one of 3 accounts bravoing this one user

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

More than a little suspicious...especially looking at who the bravos were given to...

Need Help? Let's chat.