cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending service

Perryg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. We are snowbirds that head south for the winter and we need to know the following,

1. Can we suspend service without losing our phone numbers?

2.  If yes, how do we suspend our service?

Thanks

Perry

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Lol...in Dubai there were more than funny bones being tickled!😎.....😉🤣🤣🤣!!!🥂

Picture the manufactured pastry brand dough boy 🙂

@Anonymous 

Lol...in Dubai there were more than funny bones being tickled!😎.....😉🤣🤣🤣!!!🥂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

or @Anonymous  will definitely point them out to me just he finds such joy in it and how much it drives me batty.😁

@darlicious : Just the autocorrects that tickle my funny bone. 🙂

@esjliv 

Would you like me to edit every typo? I indicated the edit which was immediate and exactly as I had described then I added all five lines as is albeit a typo, or spelling mistakes of which none stand out that I can recall but yes poor spelling or stupid autocorrect is a pet peeve so I will make extremely minor corrections if I see them or @Anonymous  will definitely point them out to me just he finds such joy in it and how much it drives me batty.😁

I wasn't calling @t_p out per se but simply putting out there for all who may wonder and may follow the bad example others may be setting. If I wasn't diplomatic enough for you I am truly sorry....I forgot how puritan we are supposed to be on here.....let me dig out my **good for you** gold star stickers so everyone knows they are a winner!!?😃

@t_p 

I apologise in retrospect I could have made my point without tagging you.

Edit to add....oh look what I forgot to post yesterday after reading @esjliv 's reply to me.

@darlicious wrote:

@t_p 

There is a fine line between correcting wording and adding additional info that "you forgot" especially when playing the first past the post game. Your post should include the info you meant to post. If you remember additional info it should be posted in a follow up post. Spelling or grammar or a mistype can be corrected with an edit or misinformation that you are later corrected on and an acknowledgement should be made to the member who has provided the correct info.

We have all hit post by accident mid sentence so an edit to finish your train of thought is fine. But it is not cool to type of a few basics and then go back and add much more concise info that takes a lot more time to type out.....ie. 5 or 10 more minutes of typing to finish your "thought". I am not saying you have in this case I'm just saying "What's up?!!" When it comes to forum etiquette...other members notwithstanding....

The only time I post and then edit in concise info is when an OP exposes harmful personal info and I immediately tell them how to edit their personal info and alert an oracle that I can hopefully find online or if really necessary report the post for a CSA to edit. Then I may edit my post to actually give advice or I may just do so in a follow up post.

@darlicious If you are gonna call someone/something out, and make a speech about it, make sure you are following your own advice.

Sure, you noted you Edited on this thread below...but, I watched this post change, more than once, over a matter of many minutes:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Date-and-time/m-p/736720/highlight/true#M5...

I would love it if PM showed edits with changes/revisions on posts and are time stamped.

So, I feel, take it easy on @t_p, as they are Not Alone.

@t_p 

There is a fine line between correcting wording and adding additional info that "you forgot" especially when playing the first past the post game. Your post should include the info you meant to post. If you remember additional info it should be posted in a follow up post. Spelling or grammar or a mistype can be corrected with an edit or misinformation that you are later corrected on and an acknowledgement should be made to the member who has provided the correct info.

We have all hit post by accident mid sentence so an edit to finish your train of thought is fine. But it is not cool to type of a few basics and then go back and add much more concise info that takes a lot more time to type out.....ie. 5 or 10 more minutes of typing to finish your "thought". I am not saying you have in this case I'm just saying "What's up?!!" When it comes to forum etiquette...other members notwithstanding....

The only time I post and then edit in concise info is when an OP exposes harmful personal info and I immediately tell them how to edit their personal info and alert an oracle that I can hopefully find online or if really necessary report the post for a CSA to edit. Then I may edit my post to actually give advice or I may just do so in a follow up post.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Perryg 

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Perryg 

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

@Anonymous 

When I post, I always put down the main guidelines first, then  add details to make it easier to understand or change some wordings , even add some things that I forgot. I re-read and repost several times during the process. Someone who was posting at the same time might think that I took credit from them, but I don't read other posts for "inspiration" before my final edit. If I have to add "edit" beside every word I change or add, the posting would become an impossible mess to read.

On the other hand, when a poster changes an answer from "Black" to "White" without any mention of an edit, that's a whole nother kettle of fish!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@t_p : If you have observed others adding more to their replies after the fact then please do call it out. But please do indicate an edit when you have changed your reply. It's the decent thing to do. Spellings and grammar changes are reasonable. But adding whole other chunks of information is not fair to a following reply that says the bit that you added.

But who am I to say. I'm just another anonymous punter here.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy wrote:

@t_p Did you just change your response without indicating an edit ?

Is 

the pot calling the kettle black ?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@t_p Did you just change your response without indicating an edit ?

Perryg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok. Thanks

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Perryg 

No official suspend service option.  Some people will downgrade to the $15 plan and just pay $15 per month.  Some others will remove autopay and suspend their accounts for 90 days and then pay for another month.  If your account is suspended for more than 90 days, your account is permanently closed.

Here is a helpful link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup then remove it and you will need to make a payment before 90 days in order to keep your account.  Another option would be to switch to the $15 plan and upon your return switch back your your original plan.  If you have a grandfathered plan you won't be able to change it back.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Perryg wrote:

Hi. We are snowbirds that head south for the winter and we need to know the following,

1. Can we suspend service without losing our phone numbers?

Yes, for a maximum of 90 days. Then needs a payment otherwise account will be closed.

2.  If yes, how do we suspend our service?

Go to the Plans & Add-ons page of your account and use the Lost/Stolen feature 

My Plan & Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone  > Suspend service

Or remove autopay service (if you have that enabled) but if you have enough Funds available in account, service will still be renewed until funds are depleted.

Thanks

Perry

Need Help? Let's chat.