cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can't receive calls from one person

MaryAnnM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend, who lives in the US (we both live near the border), all of a sudden can't get through to me. I moved my SIM card into my old phone, and my friend gets through. Put it back in my current phone, and my friend gets a busy signal. No other contact has reported having the same issue.

My phone is a Moto G Pure. I've checked my blocked number list, and my friend isn't there. I'm unaware of any settings I may have changed recently - my friend just suddenly stopped being able to call.

Any idea what may be causing this? Thanks for any help!

Edit: I've tried all suggestions. Nothing worked so far. Any other ideas?

39 REPLIES 39

MaryAnnM

Remind me how to check for updates please 🙂

MaryAnnM

She is old-school and still uses a landline! 😄
In settings, under "Network", should "Automatically select network" be selected? I have it off now but can't remember if it was on or off before. NO memory here, unfortunately.
I might get her to try me later and if she can't get through, I'll try removing her on my end.
Thanks!

@MaryAnnM 

never hearda that glitch before !!

It's a longshot but try this...

Have your friend remove your contact info from her phone....then redo it properly.

You do likewise on your end too.

Let us know if anything works.

added another thot..

check to see if there's any updates available for the operating system.

MaryAnnM

It's been going on for weeks. Thought it was on her end until I thought to try moving my SIM to another phone. It IS odd.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MaryAnnM 

that is an odd one.

Hopefully it's just a transient glitch that doesn't turn chronic.

MaryAnnM

Same phone. She still has a landline, which we've talked through for years.

MaryAnnM

Settings seem ok. Other US people get through so I'm stumped.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It could be that your phone is picking up USA towers and think you are in USA and since you do not have US add-on you cannot receive some calls.

See in your setting that your provider is Public Mobile and not any other (t-mobile).

ghofran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It might be the phone ur freind is using or the setting he has. Did he change his phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.