cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Ports Thread

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As per a suggestion from another user in another thread who thought we needed some positive experiences posted, I am going to try and get this going as I have two very recent successful ports. 

So with all the negative experiences getting posted because of the presumably huge number of new activations due to the $40 promo, lets try and get some positive experiences posted. I figure we can use the following format:

Date of Port

Time of Day

City/Province

Old Provider

Time for Port to Complete 

I have two so I will start us off!

Port #1 (My wife's cell)

Date: Wendesday November 2nd

Time: 11PM

City/Province: Oshawa, Ontario

Old Provider: Fido

Time to Complete: 5 minutes

Port #2 (My cell)

Date: Thusday November 3rd
Time: 6PM
City/Province: Oshawa, Ontario
Old Provider: Telus (corporate plan)
Time to Complete: Less than a minute, pretty much instantaneous 

108 REPLIES 108

Civic_E

@daredogg intial reason was impatience!

I had no idea what was going on with SIM activation as i faced 404 page not available at the very last step and tried again got invalid sim. My self-serve account wasn't created. Messaged a MOD and no reply, got fustrated and somehow managed to create self-serve account reading all the posts. Then changed my ported number to a different number and tried to port my initial number, didn't work! Got more fustrated and started few "angry" topics due not recieving calls and WIND already ported out my number and canceled the account. Which got noticed by the MODs and problem resolved with a fresh new account and number being attached to that account which was sitting in PM's number pool.

luco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Port #1 My cell

Date: November 25th, 2016

Time: 11:08 AM AST

City/Province: Halifax, NS

Old Provider: Koodo

Time to Complete: 30 seconds

Happy to join PM!

@Civic_E what was the reason for your phone failing initially?

Civic_E

Port #1 My wife's cell

Date: August 16th, 2016

Time: 12:05AM

City/Province: Mississauga, Ontario

Old Provider: WIND

Time to Complete: 15 minutes

Port #2 My cell

Date: November 18th, 2016
Time: 7PM
City/Province: Missisauga, Ontario
Old Provider: WIND
Time to Complete: November 22nd (had to contact MOD)

jasgod

Port #1 (My wife's cell)

Date: Saturday Nov 19

Time: 10:45AM

City/Province: calgary, ab

Old Provider: Koodo

Time to Complete: 2 minutes

Easy: entered my koodo account number, alternate phone number (home phone) and my full name in as the authorized user (same as koodo acount name, was not my wifes name in this case).

Will port my number later.  

Meeko

I've been reading all the negativity on this board, nice to see a positive thread. I'm new to Public Mobile, setup my own account with no issues, ported from Virgin (did Port at same time as setting up account) Phone was working within 30 minutes (Nov 7).

Since I had no issues, ordered 3 more SIMS, setup 2 famliy members yesterday (also ports from Virgin) - no issues, received text within 30 minutes. Setup another one this evening, no issues. 

Virgin lost 4 customers. 

I put my number in as referring and don't have those showing up in my account correctly yet, but that is something I can wait to resolve, I'll give it time to see if it all clears up. (Its weird, I have 2 numbers showing up, only 1 referral bonus)

I followed exactly the instructions posted by iPhoneinCanada and only used the virgin Account# when porting from Virgin (I checked off the authorized box first).

outdoorsaddix

@Maimay Welcome to Public Mobile!

Just wanted to clear one thing up for everyone to see, you weren't so much "Lucky" as you were just not "Unlucky".

Most of us here are fairly confident that out of the hundreds, probably thousands of activations going through a day, only a very small percentage are encountering issues. But nobody shouts from the rooftops when everything goes right, just when everything goes wrong. 

There is nothing wrong with that, but that is why the forums currently don't paint a rosy picture hence the purpose of this thread. 

hslee1210
I was with virgin. It took me about 3 minutes to complete porting.

mohammedessam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I ported 5 numbers yesterday for myself and my family members
2 numbers from Koodo and 3 from chatr
The koodo numbers tooke less than 1 minute to transfer, the chatr ones took only 30 minutes to fully transfer and work.
Everything is working fine and we are happy.
Good luck to everyone who is facing problems with porting

Maimay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi guys! New member here (obviously) 😄
Here to share my success story as well! I'm going to admit, prior to activating my SIM and all that, I was a bit scared. The reason for that would be cause I saw a lot of posts saying the port failed and yadda yadda. Thankfully, I guess I'm somewhat lucky (?) because it went as smooth as it could have.

Date of Port: Monday November 14
Time of Day: 8PM
City/Province: Toronto, Ontario
Old Provider: Virgin Mobile
Time for Port to Complete: 30 minutes

I followed the steps as was told and voila! I got a text from Public Mobile after 30 minutes welcoming me to the team. I'd like to note that when I was done activating and I put the SIM into my phone, outgoing calls would work but incoming wouldn't work. After the whole porting was successful, everything worked including my data. 🙂

outdoorsaddix

The usual daily morning bump. 3 days left in the promo! Lets keep the successful port reports coming!

m_fiorini

I've been trying to register since sunday and it says my number is invalid...still waiting for mods to get back to me

tknguyen

Date: Nov 8

Time: 9PM

City/Province: Toronto, Ontario

Old Provider: Telus

Time to Complete: less than 5 minutes

This was so quick and easy! I'm glad I didnt run into any issues. PEACE OUT TELUS✌🏽

outdoorsaddix

Just bumping again for this morning. As the promo winds down the flurry of activation related posts keeps on coming so lets try and get some more positive storys posted here for the past few days so everyone can see its not all bad. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
And full name as it appears on the Wind account

outdoorsaddix

@selvia_foeng If trying again today (and maybe in a different browser just got good measure) yeilds the same result messaging the mods is really the only option. There is an issue with the number you are wishing to port and only the mods have the ability to fix it. Based on the backlog due to the promo I unfortunatly wouldn't expect a speedy answer. 

You should send the moderators a private message and include:

1) Your WIND account number

2) Your phone IMEI #

3) Your old WIND phone number

4) Your new PM phone number

5) Your PM account number.

Artiss

I switched this morning from Telus. Transferred over a locked iPhone 6 off contract. Had No issues with activation, paying, or setting up. Feel very lucky 🙂

Very happy with how smoothly everything went. Didn't apply for a new number, just ported over directly. 

Very happy customer! Will transfer a second line in December mid-month. Hopefully there is another awesome plan! 🙂

Date of Port - November 14, 2016
Time of Day - 11 AM
City/Province - Kelowna, BC
Old Provider - Telus, 11 year customer. 
Time for Port to Complete - less then 2 minutes. 

selvia_foeng

Hi Guys,

I need your help..

reading your story, everything seems very easy.. but not for me unfortunately.

Im trying to port my wind number to PM..

My Wind number is still active now, so does my Public Mobile (new number)

So I followed the instruction as suggested by other members.

I went to my self serve - Plan and addons - change phone numbers - select transfer a wireless number - check im authorized for this number - fill in my wind phone number in the box provided - then hit check eligibility..

Unfortunately I got an error message saying "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

I have PM'ed one of the Mod @Shazia_K since last Friday but hasnt received any respond yet..

Could you please suggest what I should do now other than waiting patiently?

Thank youuu

Ooskalabebe

Date: Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Time: 1 AM

City/Province: Vancouver, British Columbia

Old Provider: Fido

Time to Complete: 30 minutes

I activated my new PM account with a new number first. Once verified everything with the network seemed to work on my phone, I requested the number port.

I only entered my Fido account number, an alternative number (any number other than the one being ported), and the exact name on the Fido account.

It took 30 minutes till I received the successful number port message from PM. I figured I should start the porting process overnight to give it enough time, and if it didn't work the next morning, it'd be time to contact someone for help for sure.

hennessy

Ported from FIDO... took about 15 minutes ^_^

@EdZeg you're the resident porter! what's your secret?!  Robot LOL 

EdZeg

Port #1 (My cell)

Date: Monday October 31st

Time: ~11AM

City/Province: Mississauga, Ontario

Old Provider: Koodo ($48/5GB Saskatchewan plan Smiley Wink)

(Done on Self Serve)

Saving $10/month, before the referral discounts. Smiley Very Happy

Port #2 & #3 (My parents phones)

Date: Tuesday November 1st

Time: ~8PM

City/Province: Brampton, Ontario

Old Provider: Fido (Retention plans with only 500MB, or 1GB)

Time to Complete: 10 minutes

Saving about $40, and have 4-8 times as much data now.

Port #4 (My coworker)

Date: Saturday November 5th

Time: ~11PM

City/Province: Mississauga, Ontario

Old Provider: Koodo ($48/5GB Saskatchewan plan Smiley Wink)

Time to Complete: 5-10 minutes
(Done on Self Serve)

Port #5 (My sister)

Date: Saturday November 12th

Time: ~4PM

Old Provider: Chatr

Time to Complete: 20 minutes

Paying $5 more/month, but previously had Zero Data, now have 4GB, and no "Zones".

Port #6 (My cousin)

Date: Saturday November 12th

Time: ~10PM

Old Provider: Bell

Time to Complete: 15-20 minutes

Paying a hefty cancellation fee, but with the saving to the plan, this line will be good after 5 monuths.

Port took, maybe 20 minutes to complete.

Saving ~$70-80/month.

And More to come!

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've helped 12 people port over since promotion started with another 3-4 coming this week.   All went without a hitch.   From:  Bell, Rogers, Virgin, fido, koodo and Wind. 

outdoorsaddix

Bumping for visibility today. Only 6 days left in the promo!

Rockdaddy22
The email thing only matters with Koodo not Telus.

power-fade

3 lines from Telus, all done in the last week from Vancouver, no porting issues 2 phones were locked with Telus.  All were iPhones (1 5, 1 6, & 1 6Splus).

all on LTE after I slipped the SIM in...no need to re-boot the phone...

I posted this on another discussion thread....

I've ported 3 numbers from Telus to PM, iPhone 5 iOS 8.4.1 locked to Telus, iPhone 6SPlus iOS 10.1.1 unlocked, iPhone 6 iOS 10.1.1 locked to Telus. All phones ported in minutes. Encountered no big issues, iPhone 6SPlus & iPhone 6 show carrier as PM, but the iPhone 5 shows carrier as Koodo.

Make sure the PM email is different from Telus email registered account.

When porting include old account # and IMEI.

All works fine. Just make sure all APN settings are done. LTE obtained on all phones. iPhone 5 seems to have a slight delay obtaining LTE, but improving. Speeds are avg 25 Mbps D/L, 9 Mbps U/L.

If you need assistance give me a shout!

DjRags604
Date: Saturday, November 5
Time: 6:00 pm
City/Province: Vancouver, BC
Old Provider: Rogers (2 lines)
Time to Complete: 10 minutes

By the time I restarted each phone the port had gone through and all functions were good

TrueCanuck92

Date: Sunday November 13

Time: 10AM

City/Province: Vancouver, BC

Old Provider: Wind

Went very smoothly! It was almost instantaneous.

zoomzoom87
Ported over from wind few days after plan was introduced (about Oct 28) no issues with porting or creating new account. I do have an issue with accessing my account since last week. Was never a problem before but it is now for some reason. Definitely thought there would be activation issues with a plan this good. Ported over and created account as soon as I could.

Rockdaddy22
At least you've done the right thing, unfortunately all we can do is wait.
Need Help? Let's chat.