cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription expiring today

Alim2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just tried to make a call on my phone and received a voice message for the first time saying about the plan's not active. When I logged into my account online it said I will lose my phone number if I don't renew at the end of 90 days which it says is today! I have received no notice about this via email or text.

I tried to make a payment, and I received the message "Sorry, we're not able to process your payment at this time. Please try again later." I have confirmed my credit card info is correct. I would not like to lose my phone number out of the blue! I don't have and have never had an issue paying. I also sent a private message to CS_Agent. All this was 90 minutes ago. I tried paying now and get the same message. Now on my phone it says that my SIM has a different number. I can't have lost my number just like that! *611 leads to dead air.

11 REPLIES 11

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alim2024 

Glad everything is working, it was a credit card issue, nothing was related to Public Mobile billing system.

Alim2024

Let's talk about timing then!

So *611 texted me saying to try to pay again and then if unsuccessful, call the credit card company. I wanted to post a message here to read what some of the community might say and also, I couldn't imagine why there would be an issue with my credit card. Then, I thought, while I am waiting to hear back from PM Customer Support, I should just call the credit card company... it doesn't matter if I can't imagine there being a problem with my card.

I learned something interesting: After my last credit card transaction, which was at a restaurant that I usually go to for the non-exorbitant amount that I usually spend there, the credit card company put a restriction on my card "to verify that it was actually me making the purchase". It just so happened that my next transaction was to be my payment to Public Mobile! So once I acknowledged that yes, that was me and verified my info with the credit card company, they removed the restriction on my credit card.

So now I am subscribed to a plan and have successfully made a payment on Public Mobile.

Thank you again everyone for your quick and helpful responses. Thank you Public Mobile for your helpful *611 text. The CC company wouldn't give me a more satisfactory answer as to why they put a restriction on my card just right now, but I am grateful that I called them and that all is good.
I appreciate everyone's support and will accept this post as the solution.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you were unsuccessful by the phone app try to login by your computer or visa versa. 

Alim2024

Thank you everyone for your responses, and the reassurance that I am not supposed to lose my number.

Ticket successfully submitted.

EB0

@Alim2024 

Support will figure it out, hope they resolve this soon, you are still with the 90 days, so you are not supposed to lose your number.

keep us posted 

Alim2024

Am doing this now.

Alim2024

I thought that the plan selection might have been the problem so I switched from an older $35 plan, which does not appear as a subscription option anymore and have selected the $34 Canada US plan.

I click on "View Payment History" and see that a payment was last made June 20, 2024, Automatic Top-up.

Alim2024

Yes I can log in to my account. On the Overview page it says: "Your services are on hold | Subscription Expiration Date: Jul 20, 2024".

On the Payments page it says: "Your subscription has ended".

I don't see where to click Available Funds, but whether I click on "Pay Now and Resume Services" or go through "Add Funds With Credit/Debit Card", I am still getting the same error message: "Sorry, we're not able to process your payment at this time. Please try again later."

Rastin

There seams to be a problem lately as there have been many complaints here over the last week or so. I would recommend contacting pm about this. Use the orange chat bubble on the bottom right and type in customers service agent

EB0

@Alim2024 

You can’t lose your number unless you don’t pay for 90 days, even in this case, the number will be deactivated, no new number will be assigned to you,

what is your current plan? When was the last time you pay your subscription?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alim2024 

can you log in to your account to see current plan status. See if you have $$ in Available Funds.

Need Help? Let's chat.