cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit a ticket error

Mystery_Brad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my SIM card, created a new temp phone # and want to port over my existing Koodo #. I went to the Bot which takes me to this login page (below). I read previous threads on this but they haven't helped. I logged in via incognito and still get this error. I just created an account so I know my email/password works - why isn't it working here?

Also, whats the dea with "Community Account" and "Username" and my "email address"? I'm assuming the "Community account" is my email. let me know if this is wrong.

Ultimately I'm trying to get ahold of a Moderator to port my old number over but I can't submit this ticket.

Thanks,

Mystery_Brad_0-1611119020613.png

8 REPLIES 8

@mm80 

Awe....how cute is that!  @Mystery_Brad  and @Flower_Girl  sitting in a tree.......

K I S S I N G......First comes love....then comes marriage.....then comes @Flower_Girl  with a......

Here's the process for sending private messages as I manage several accounts and simple simon and I have agreed to disagree and avoid each other whenever possible  I don't notice any delay in service by using this method. I also get to keep my sanity which is a good thing.....

Send a private message to the Moderator_Team. Put " Your Issue" in the subject line and leave a detailed message describing your issue. Be sure to include the following :

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

By including this info you will save yourself the time of having to answer any extra questions to further identify yourself.The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours however they have been very busy lately.....so it could be a much longer wait than usual so try and be patient with the moderators. Include as much relevant info as possible so they can get work on the issue right away

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. After you conclude your customer support you can request a review link where you can rate your moderators performance and provide pm with feedback to help them improve customer service.

Flower_Girl

@mm80 I created a community name as you said and then the ticket submission worked fine. Now I wait for the porting process to do its thing but at least it says "Verification Submitted!"

Thanks for your help all.

Also I heart @Mystery_Brad

@Mystery_Brad wrote:

I see. Side note, I'm asking this question on behalf of my wife who is new to PM and it's her account I'm trying to hook up. I'm been loving PM for a year myself but rarely come on to the forums.

All she has is an email password and newly activated SIM, $15 plan, email/pass.

Does she need a "username" like I somehow made as "Mystery_Brad" last year? If so, how do we go about doing that on her account? and why wouldn't they just let you use your email/pass? Doesn't seem very intuitive to call it a "Community" name when they want a user name which is not obvious how to make and is not readily apparent in "my profile".

Thanks for any help,

Just to walk you through this ticketing process.  The reason how the community account comes into play is that the communication for the ticket is via private messages.  Each community account has its own set of private message folders.  Thus the need to confirm the community account login so that the private messages for the ticket is sent to the correct community account.  Further into the process, you will need to confirm the affected self serve account in much the same way by using login credentials a means of confirmation.  What this process allows is that a single community account can be used to manage multiple self serve accounts.  Although not encouraged, members can send private messages directly to the moderator team by going into the private message folder in their community account and identifying the moderator team as the recipient.  This workaround will not generate a ticket number and will not offer a chance to authenticate the specific self serve account and can protract the interaction process.  If you get into a real bind with the ticketing process, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any community account can ask for help on behalf of any self-serve account. You just need to know all the identifying information of that account.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mystery_Brad wrote:

I see. Side note, I'm asking this question on behalf of my wife who is new to PM and it's her account I'm trying to hook up. I'm been loving PM for a year myself but rarely come on to the forums.

Does she need a "username" like I somehow made as "Mystery_Brad" last year? If so, how do we go about doing that on her account? and why wouldn't they just let you use your email/pass? Doesn't seem very intuitive to call it a "Community" name when they want a user name which is not obvious how to make and is not readily apparent in "my profile".

Thanks for any help,

They do this so they can link the Community account to your Self Serve account. You need to enter the Community login first. In the next step, it'll ask for Self Serve login.

Mystery_Brad

Thanks for any help,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mystery_Brad : This wants Mystery_Brad and then the password you used to log in to this community.

Need Help? Let's chat.