cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on SOS mode

S2H1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My new phone still under warranty is stuck on SOS mode. I have tried all the you tube videos on what to do and nothing changes. I called Apple support and they asked me if I contacted my carrier to see if my phone is locked / blocked. How do I check that with Public Mobile if you can't talk to someone in person? If I take my SIM card out of my personal phone and place it in my work phone I have access. If I take my work phone SIM card and place it my personal phone it won't work and it's a Rogers SIM card. Suggestions?????

7 REPLIES 7

@S2H1 was the phone ever able to use on PM? if so, maybe message them and see if they were the one put on the backlist

Also, your phone hs eSIM, do, check the IMEI for the eSIM slot on blacklisted site, that one should be clean 

S2H1

The phone I have is a IPhone 11. The phone came in a factory sealed box. How would she know the IMEI number to report stolen 5 months later. If your right with what you said then it sounds like I'm screwed. 

S2H1

Thanks for the reply. I checked the IMEI and found out it is listed as stolen or lost. Now I need to figure out of it it  truly was stolen as I purchased it off of Kijiji from a mature lady who won it at an office party and didn't need. The box was a factory sealed box and worked well for the first 5 months. Now I just need to figure out how to dispute or get the status changed. What's to stop anybody from reporting a IMEI number as stolen when it's not and want to stir up poop.

@S2H1 

honest, it is very hard to dispute if you don't know who contact the carrier to put it on the blacklist.  Usually the same person who asked the carrier to put it on the list have to call back the same carrier to remove it from the list

Unless the mature lady requested and she helps, then she can settle it.  But if even she didn't know how the phone is now on the list, then it is pretty much impossible to remove it off the list

What phone is that? if it is a phone with 2 IMEIs, like eSIM, very likely the second IMEI can still be used on a network. 

But PM is not offering eSIM for existing subscribers yet,, so even it has eSIM , you need to wait until PM offers this for existing customers before you can use eSIM here with that phone

S2H1

Thanks for the reply. I did check the IMEI and discovered it is listed as stolen / lost. The phone was purchased off of Kijiji from a mature lady who won the phone at a Christmas office party. The phone came in a factory sealed box and worked fine for 5 months. Either the phone is truly stolen or a mistake has been made by someone entering a wrong digit. Now I need to figure out how to dispute it being listed as stolen or lost.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@S2H1 wrote:

My new phone still under warranty is stuck on SOS mode. I have tried all the you tube videos on what to do and nothing changes. I called Apple support and they asked me if I contacted my carrier to see if my phone is locked / blocked. How do I check that with Public Mobile if you can't talk to someone in person? If I take my SIM card out of my personal phone and place it in my work phone I have access. If I take my work phone SIM card and place it my personal phone it won't work and it's a Rogers SIM card. Suggestions?????

Check your phone setting make sure it connect to Public Mobile or try manually connect to Public Mobile if it can't automatically connect to.

You phone may be in the blacklist. 

What did you mean " it's a Rogers SIM card."? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@S2H1 

did you try your PM sim in another phone?

with the new phone, where you got it from ? did you buy from a trusted source?

For peace of mind, please check if your phone is clear here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.