cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen phone

Shifa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was stolen on August 12, 2024, and I can't get my old SIM card back. I would like to recover my previous number. so I would greatly appreciate your quick response and help with this issue.

9 REPLIES 9

Shifa

Thank you so much for your help 🙏🏼☺️

@Shifa  I’m sorry to hear that . You can ask support to report it lost/stolen until you get new sim card . Once you have new SIM card support can sim swap it for you . Wish you mother well and speedy recovery . 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Shifa

Thank you. I'm having trouble logging in, so I reached out to CS_Agent through a private message in hopes that they can help me with this situation. I'm not sure how to report the phone as stolen. This phone actually belongs to my mother, who is currently unwell and confined to her hospital bed, and it has been her primary means of staying in touch with me 😢

joshray98

I realized i purchased under a new email account so it's a different account so i can now login. However, now it's asking me to select a phone number. When i choose transfer number, it says my number is invalid. Can I choose a phone number for now then proceed with the change sim card number process you've outlined earlier? Not sure if purchasing under a different account would be an issue.

@joshray98was QR code sent to you email by any chance . Check on PC and scan it with phone .but you might have to get support involved to further assist 

joshray98

I just bought the esim but it only directs me to a qr code to download the app that leads me to the app store to download and it just get stuck there? Any workaround to this?

@joshray98 Yes if your phone is eSIM compatible, I prefer physical sim but eSIM can definitely be option if phone is compatible. Just log into your account / app with new phone and buy eSIM 

joshray98

Does it have to be a physical sim? Can I buy an eSIM instead and e swap? I’m in the same situation.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shifa  I would order SIM card from Amazon , or call around to local Telus Koodo store for availability pick it up log into your account . And sim swap the number like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1723576096682.png

This can also be done in the app also , if you cannot get logged you can ask support to sim swap the number for you also 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.