cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting to have number ported

jono23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help needed

Me and my wife signed up with Public Mobile on Sunday, November 20. We sent a request to have our numbers from our previous providers ported. It's been 4 days, and still nothing. 

We would like to cancel our respective accounts with the previous providers, but can't do it until we've had our number ported. 

We both sent separate emails through the contact page, as trying to port it through the website doesn't work. We get the following message: We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance

The information on your site indicates that poritng a mobile number takes up to 3 hours. It has been 4 days since we've requested the porting, and nothings has happened.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Click the I'm the authorized user box BEFORE clicking anything. Try that. If you get past that, only the account numbers not the pin or imei.

jono23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
It doesn't even let me get to that part. As soon as I put the number, I get the error message.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's strange that both failed. Did you use pin or imei when porting both phones?

clavijo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi, you wont need to cancell your account , it will be cancelled when the numbers are port

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can try porting again.

Tick the I am authorized box first.

Only use the account #

Use the name of the primary account holder

Don't use the IMEI or PIN

For the alternate phone #, use a home phone # or work #

If you still have issues send a private message with the required information to the moderators.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

you should tag some MODS like @Mary_M so they can help faster, even through there is a huge back log

Need Help? Let's chat.