cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no Compensation!!! :(

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been asking for some compensation for not being able to use my phone for almost half of the month, (Oct, 31 to Nov, 15) Now my account says.. 

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
I haven't put in a payment yet because I can't even get they time I loss back..
And yet when I called to report a problem with Freedom Mobile (Formally Wind Mobile) Not only did they give back the month they even credited her account with 15.00!!
It' is pretty bad I can't get that service here!

I just want to be compensated!!!
14 REPLIES 14

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Huntress

Most people don't have a spare SIM because they can simply walk into a store and get a replacement if something goes wrong. As you know this isn't the case with Public Mobile. Having a SIM delivered takes time. Sometimes a long time if there is a problem with Canada Post. This is why people here are recommending ordering a backup SIM so if you have problems in the future you won't have to wait for delivery.

As for compensation only Mods can help you with that.

You seem to get very upset every time someone shares a dissenting opinion about your requests.

In light of this I suggest you stop posting publicly and use private messages to the Mods.

The Mods are currently very busy. It will take a while.

On the topic of leaving you sound like the type of customer who would benefit from being able to use a call center or walk into a store for help. Perhaps Public Mobile's support structure just isn't a fit for your needs. Perhaps you should consider switching providers.

Whatever happens take a deep breath and realize all this rage is over 25 bucks at the top end. Life goes on.

Huntress

O.K. No I have no service right now, So far I only got service from 15th of Nov, to the 29th of Nov.  When I paid for service on the 30th of Oct. Until the 29 of Nov. And now I have no service.. I think I am entitled to the time I lost,  And No I didn't have what (someone else said on here) a back up card. Didn't know I needed one, I don't know anyone that has one with their Provider!

I don't know how many times I have to say this, But here we go again!!

I topped up and it stopped working!! I waited a bit to see if it was because I just topped up but after waiting an hour and still nothing I thought maybe I should try taking the card out and putting it back in. It worked for a second or two and stopped again.. And so I wait again.. and still it didn't work..

I tried placing an order for another sim ( which resulted in my not getting one when I thought I was!) That was when I resorted on coming on here for help And then I went to try to order again, this time it went through and I paid for it, And I got it on the 15th.. And all I get is..

Rude people saying basically (BOO HOO So What who cares!!) And that I shouldn't get compensated for the time I paid for and didn't get to use!! As well as I am now told to go somewhere else!!!! I have been a loyal customer here for over a year! I was just stating a fact that it is hard to get any help here and that Freedom helped right away!! I can't see you helping this company if you tell it's customers to go elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You are probably right. sometimes its hard to understand messages and the exact issue.  

if its just compensation they want then my suggestions are as follows

1) send private message and wait the current 12 days, let mods deal with people with service issues

2) if unhappy with response from mods there are several other service providers, huntress seemed particular to freedom mobile, so i would recommend going there.

3) file complaint with the C??? (can't remember the acronym)

4) realise PM has its issues, but has benifits as well and decide to stay regardless of the outcome.

In the end what are we looking at most $20 (120/90*14)

Rockdaddy22
I think they've been reconnected, but I'm sure they'll correct me if I'm wrong. This is fully a compensation issue, due to broken sim I beleive. Had to wait 12 days to get a new one in the mail. So they want money back for sim and 12days service. This is from my recollection

mimmo

just going what was written in the orriginal post

"Now my account says.. 

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
I haven't put in a payment yet because I can't even get they time I loss back.."

so not sure if the orrigial issue was fixed,  and are impatient to hear back from PM or they want compensation and then will reactivate.  either way there is a 12 day reply time from mods so the decision is theirs on how they procede. 

Rockdaddy22
I think they have service now. You'd have to read the old threads to comment properly

mimmo

i believe you know there is a 12 day response time currently (its not normal but that is what it is currnetly)

Best thing is message the mods what compensation you want and the reasoing behind it, and wait to hear back 12 ish days.  PM is pretty good with making customers happy once they get to them.

In the mean time you can either

• wait with no service, 12+ days
  • renew service and wait 12+ days for answer
  • get a temporary fongo number and make calls using wifi
  • or if really unhappy you can port out to Freedom Mobile as they have a faster turnaround on customer service, not sure about their plans/prices/coverage).

As for getting answers here, people in the forums can only say so much and do even less, we  are customers just like you. Only mods have access to accounts.  

Rockdaddy22
We've tried to help you in at least 3 threads. I can't exactly remember what Shaz told you.

Huntress

Because @Rockdaddy22 Nothing seems to work to get an answer here!!! And people should also understand that if you answer someone post here, that you are in fact representing the company because this is how they have their customer service..( Have their customers take care of customers) 

Rockdaddy22
Then why do you post on a public forum? If you don't want to hear other members opinions, then communicate privately with PM.

Huntress

No it still says the same date. I have been asking since the 15th of last month and got nothing! And no, I didn't get the 90 day plan.. It was my plan from the beginning, The Sim was working fine until I topped up.

I was talking about my friend who was able to get her problem looked after the same day! 

My friend is with Freedom Mobile (formally known as Wind Mobile)  She had a problem and not only did they give her a month free, they even gave her 15.00 credit! And on the same day!!

As for me, Not only did I have to wait for 15 days to get service working again, but I am also waiting over 20 days so far to see if I would get some sort of compensation!

As for Cheeseburger this person seems to think I should get nothing even though I paid for a month of service that I didn't get!!  I really have no idea why they even allow rude people to form  the opinion of their company! It is people like him/her that makes people like me want to change providers!!

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo

As usual there's a lot more to the story.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Will-I-be-Compensated/td-p/98175

SIM card somehow failed under mysterious circumstances and it took a little longer than usual to get a new SIM card.

Because of the SIM card delivery delay he/she feels entitled to compensation.

mimmo

@Huntress, from the anouncement earlier this week there is a 12 day response time to messages. 

My understanding  is mods are trying to do porting / no service issues first then other issues.

Why did you not have service fro two weeks? porting  or activation issue or other?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Huntress wrote:

I have been asking for some compensation for not being able to use my phone for almost half of the month, (Oct, 31 to Nov, 15) Now my account says.. 

I haven't put in a payment yet because I can't even get they time I loss back..
And yet when I called to report a problem with Freedom Mobile (Formally Wind Mobile) Not only did they give back the month they even credited her account with 15.00!!
It' is pretty bad I can't get that service here!

I just want to be compensated!!!

So your phone is not working now as the account has been suspended?  You called Freedom/Wind and they gave back a month and credited who $15.00?

When your phone was activated on the 15 Nov can you see what your renewal date is?  They may have just moved it to 90 Days from that date.  That way they didn't charge you for service you didn't have.  If they haven't done that it could be an error or oversight as I have been reading that is what they are doing.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.