cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Waiting for People to be able to call me...

seokone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently activated my sim and I can make calls and receive/send texts BUT CANNOT RECEIVE calls.

I saw other posts by people having the same problem and I tried the solution and private messaged Brook_C but no answer. Please help. I need to be able to receive calls...

6 REPLIES 6

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try tagging them to this topic like this @Shazia_K but they won't be on till tomorrow now and I already tagged them for you just now with that.

seokone

Hi @imm1304

It's been 3 days. 😞 

I've sent private messages to all the moderators but haven't received any answers.

Twogunpete
Yes, i ported in from Bell today, and on Rogers for my wife's phone. Fortunately, i got confirmation texts from PM on each phone stating "your transfer request is complete". I believe it goes faster if you activate PM SIM by putting your old carrier's account # in, along with your name and correct alternate ph # for your old carrier, and leaving IMEI field blank when you fill in PM's SIM activation port in screen. All is working well - loving PM!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @seokone,

You are in the middle of a port requst and it may take upto couple of hours for the port to complete.  How long has it been?  Have you restarted your phone if it has been more than half hour? 

FYI:  Brooke_C is not a forum moderator.  You should send private messages to one of the moderators.  Here is all you need to know about the moderators if you need help:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you didn't get a text message saying that the port is complete then the port is still incomplete. I had the same problem initially when I switched too but after I waited a while I got a text saying port complete. After that I was able to get incoming calls ok.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

You should put your old sim back in so that you can receive calls.  Your number porting has been hung up.  It should still be active that way you will still have all your services from your old provider until you can get your port completed to your PM sim

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.