cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP

Alex79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone out there know if Public offers a static IP service? I need a remote inbound connection to a site that cannot have standard cable or DSL service.

8 REPLIES 8

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I guess you might need to look at something like satellite and hopefully be able to be the external ip to your router.

Oh interesting, you're right. The ip on the device is different from the public facing ip address. I guess that makes sense that it routes through a router (the APN) and supplies the device with it's own internal ip. Not an unroutable ip though.

Alex79

I need to have a remote connection to an access control and video surveillance system in a garbage room for one of my property management clients.

@Alex79 haha. Yes, I should have say it clearly no consumer mobile service offer you that

I use no-ip before , not sure if it is as good now

what exactly are you trying to do? If you want a reliable one, maybe you need a paid service instead

Alex79

I've tried Dyndns. The issue is that the way cellular works, is that there are a couple of different IP's in play before it gets to the device. I found that the address listed in the modem is not the address displayed on IP chicken. Dyndns can't route the traffic properly.

Alex79

I know Bell does for corporate clients, but that comes with a corporate price. 💸

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Alex79   I don't think any mobile provider give you static IPs

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I've never heard of static ip here. Have you looked in to DynDNS?

Need Help? Let's chat.