cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement NEVER NEVER AGAIN

caper001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm gone never to return .. hurricane here in Nova Scotia the day of started losing the abilities to call receive calls text and data the night of it got worst ( which is understandable ) but then lost almost all  communications it became a hit or miss total disgrace ..know before you say it was just my phone I will tell you I have 3 accounts all 3 where the roughly  same all hit and Miss ask how that compares to different companies well it was the only one doing this ...yes I know Telus and Koodo are sister companies but it was not happening with them ..I know I paid less for the service but I figure it out its a COMPLETE cheap service not just a plan ....please don't respond with We are sorry to hear ..when people's lives are in danger the difference shouldn't be if they are paying for more for their plans ...good bye ..

17 REPLIES 17

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The problem is an overloaded system. At least you do have intermittent service  so make the best of it until things get back to normal. Try to be considerate to others that may require cell connection for actual emergency situations and for now restrain yourself from checking your Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, Amazon purchases etc..

@Helpershelper wrote:

@caper001Freedom mobile has some good plans now

There is no Freedom network coverage in Atlantic Canada. (Extended Range is Rogers)

caper001

I'm not asking for a provider to guarantee their service in a hurricane it's funny how Kudo telus Bell Rogers virgin had no problem and  I still have  problems  xxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541: inappropriate comment removed

caper001

Well I think we have to agree to disagree on that one every .. not saying everyone was perfect but public Mobile was disgrace and I still having  problems and I just switched over to virgin

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@caper001Freedom mobile has some good plans now

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

So so sorry to hear. Who knows what happens in an Act of God? We all hope you, family and friends are safe. They too likely experienced the same. I guess the BELL towers in your province will be in need of repairs. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@caper001 , sorry you had cellular service disruption due to a hurricane.  After a devastating event, nothing matters more than public safety. Be thankful of that.  As for network reliability, big red took down their entire network on a sunny day.  

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@caper001 sorry to hear you were so hard done by alot of people don't have a roof over there head today ,good luck !!

pxa006622
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Let it be known that I'm in PEI and we got hit even worse than Nova Scotia with Hurricane Fiona....and my service has worked 100% PERFECTLY ever since. Some of my friends and colleagues with other providers reported issues with data etc., but mine has been working perfectly...data, calls, texts, everything has gone off without a hitch since. So stop blaming Public and start blaming NS towers.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That’s really disappointing to hear that you have so many things to complain about CaperKaren. 
Instead of spending all your time complaining to the rest of us that are also customers, you should be be actively looking for a provider that will guarantee their service in a hurricane 😂.  That’s terrible that your wife’s boss wasn’t happy and you almost lost your job. Other people are losing their homes and their lives. 

Good luck and goodbye. 

lissadavis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Almost every single phone data and internet was not working, it’s not just public mobile, it had to do with the cell towers (from nova scotia as well) 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@caper001 what brands and models of the phone are these?

PM uses 3G for voice amd Telus/Koodo can use VoLTE, but PM/Telus/Koodo all use LTE for data and text, all use the same LTE towers.  There is really  no reason Telus amd Koodo have data and you don't have at least data (unless you set your phone to 3G only in your neteork type)  There is no neteork priority or neteork "discrimination:" for people on the different Telus brands.,  so if Telus gets data, PM gets it too.

Again,  that could be an issue withe your network type setting which you can change yourself or a problem with the brand and model of the phone (lack of compatible LTE bands)

caper001

No you're not worth it

caper001

And here's the funny part you 6 gigs of data with a 20 gig  total ...just got a message that I used 75% of my data ..

caper001

Yes I do believe that but it should be stated in their disclaimer I almost lost my job because of it and my wife boss was not happy ..anyway I'm done just want to let people know what they could be out  for ..thanks 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

it could be that the towers close to you are oversaturated and PM customers are being redirected to a further tower with less reception. or just plain being booted because PM is lower on the totem pole. especially if it's a bell tower

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

"Hurricane" in Canada. Pfft...Please, this "hurricane" is much ado about nothing. I was in the middle of Hurricane Katrina, and even that wasn't that much more than a minor inconvenience. People nowadays are so soft.

Need Help? Let's chat.