cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start next billing cycle now

Thejeff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to start my next billing cycle early. 

Because I have now internet at home, no power either, I am out of data on my phone.  It would be much cheaper to start my next billing cycle now then buy +1gb of data.  

How can I do this?  

Tried the chat bot it was no help. 

14 REPLIES 14

zulu53

But changing your renewal date is just like "changing your plan".   From PM's point of view - a change to the plan is a change to the plan.  Any changes to the plan (except phone number or sim swap as stated up front in the agreement) trigger a new plan under the latest conditions.  If the rewards from your old plan compared to a new one make up for the $15, then stick with it and pay the $15, otherwise do a "change plan" as others have suggested.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Thejeff 

I'm not sure what has started the misinformation on changing plans might change a customer from $$ rewards to the points program....dont worry it won't.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Only way to get an early renewal on the same plan is via a CSA who can do it manually for you. Self serve only works if you are changing plans. A private message to CS_Agent may be the best option 

@Thejeff wrote:

How do I contact an agent.  I have been trying. 

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Thejeff   As many suggested , you need to open ticket with CS Agent and they will process the early renewal for you.  To cut down messaging back and forth, you should load enough fund into your account first.  Once CS Agent validated your account, they can then go ahead and process

Or an easier way is to change Plan to a different one from what you have now.  You can click Change Now and make the change immediately without the need to work with CS Agent

@Thejeff wrote:

And I am trying to figure out how to do that.  Hence me asking for help.  

@Thejeff  - 'Customer Support' found here in the GET HELP area:

Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

@Thejeff 

hi you will need to open a ticket through Simon to speak to an customer service agent they will help you type in renew plan now it will eventually tell you how to create a ticket 

Click here 

Thejeff

And I am trying to figure out how to do that.  Hence me asking for help.  

You can contact them via private messaging to a CS_Agent (envelope icon) or type in Create a Ticket via SIMon Chatbot on this Community page.

But check with them if you will loss the old Rewards system to the new Points system.

The old Rewards system is way better than the new Points system.

How is your old plan better? Is it an old 4G plan from several years ago? You also didn't say what you had so the reply was helpful. If changing plan isn't right for your needs then you would need to ask the support people to do an early renewal.

Thejeff

How do I contact an agent.  I have been trying. 

Thejeff

Not helpful.  My old plan is better then the new ones.  Don't want to change my plan.  But thanks.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Thejeff 

If you don’t want to purchase a 1gb data for $15 then you can login to your account change to an higher plan on your account by clicking on the Change Plan button.

Depending on your renewal date, if it is nearing the renewal date because PM is a prepaid service. The days remaining you will not get a refund. You can contact a CS_Agent to change your renewal date.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Thejeff hi in your self serve account on the main page there is a button to change plans all the info is there just pick plan and hit change now 

iliketotalk_0-1653581522316.png

Need Help? Let's chat.