cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotty Coverage

Woomera
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi..Happy Public user for many years. Despite being well within the coverage area , I have issues connecting at times at my home. Away from home,  all is well so clearly I'm in a bit of a dead spot. A neighbour is a Telus customer and usually has 1 bar signal strength , but no real ' issues ' . Same with neighbours who use other providers... It seems better / worse at different times of the day ? Sometimes , I can send 3 or 4 txts in a row then it hangs and I have to refresh the connection ( which takes some time ). Does anyone have any suggestions , or is there someone I can report this to ?  TIA .

8 REPLIES 8

Woomera

thankyou to all who replied . Have been troubleshooting with a support agent and working towards a resolution ..hopefully 🙂 

@Woomera wrote:

Many thanks for the reply ..will do.

cheers

self solution removed

Woomera

Done ! Thanks 

Woomera

Many thanks for the reply ..will do.

cheers

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Woomera 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it out your area, maybe the tower issue.

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Woomera What is the make/model of your phone? It's possible your particular phone doesn't support all of the 3G/LTE bands in your area, which might explain if your neighbor's phone seems to work better.

In the mean time, if most of the time when you are at home your phone is able to connect to LTE, you might want to try manually forcing your phone to 3G mode (aka HSPA or WCDMA) to see if that helps with reliability at all. Otherwise, your only other options might be to try your SIM in a different phone at your home to see if that helps too. (But knowing which make/model you have will help answer if it's missing support for some bands...)

Lastly, if you are having issues with calls dropping you might want to consider the TextNow app for a backup phone number that works over Wi-Fi or mobile data as a workaround for now.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try to use your PM SIM in another phone? Maybe your phone is slowly giving up?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Woomera   If  your spotting connection issue is voice and other have no problem with voice, it can be a 3G coverage issue.  PM only use 3G network for voice, while Telus can use LTE for voice as well

But if it is data and text, both Telus and PM uses LTE and should have no difference, unless your current preferred network is set to 3G Only.

What kind of phone, make and model, do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.