cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some verification codes not being received

Eric49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can receive short codes from the Government of Canada but not from Rogers.

On my UMIDIGI A9 have done all of the usual steps: re-seat sim card, clear Google Message cache, force 3G network, verify Message chat is off. Have also tried using the sim card in a flip phone. None of this has resulted in the verification being received.

The usage log does not show any incoming calls at the time of the triggering the code send at MyRogers.

Can anyone think of a reason why Public Mobile would reject the Rogers short codes ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting thread! I would have thought they would just all work with 0 restriction

Odd it's something as big as Rogers too. I know they're technically competition at times, but they're such a big company... Could get problematic trying to port from Rogers to here too I'd imagine

I wonder what others don't work 🤔

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Eric49 wrote:

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Rogers has confirmed that they send a short code message, but did not bother to give the number. According to the list administered by the Canadian Wireless Telecommunication Association it appears that Rogers is using:

89000Rogers Service Messaging

and this is not present in the accepted codes list

What is the procedure to request adding this code ?

Thanks

@Eric49 Send "Help" to 89000 and you'll get a response

@Eric49 

Contact Customer service agent (CSA) for your request.  Not sure if CSA can add the number to the list though.  But CSA may offer different solutions, etc. 

Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website. Follow prompts to submit ticket for CSA help.  Expect a few hours response.  

Eric49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Rogers has confirmed that they send a short code message, but did not bother to give the number. According to the list administered by the Canadian Wireless Telecommunication Association it appears that Rogers is using:

89000Rogers Service Messaging

and this is not present in the accepted codes list

What is the procedure to request adding this code ?

Thanks

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Did you ever able to receive Rogers shortcodes?  It might be Rogers issue.  The other day I was in my Rogers account, it asks me to enter a phone number for short code.. i entered mine, didn't work.  I checked again, it said on the page asking to enter Rogers or Fido numbers only.  You sure it is not that?  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Eric49 wrote:

Can receive short codes from the Government of Canada but not from Rogers.

On my UMIDIGI A9 have done all of the usual steps: re-seat sim card, clear Google Message cache, force 3G network, verify Message chat is off. Have also tried using the sim card in a flip phone. None of this has resulted in the verification being received.

The usage log does not show any incoming calls at the time of the triggering the code send at MyRogers.

Can anyone think of a reason why Public Mobile would reject the Rogers short codes ?

Thanks

@Eric49 

Since when did you have that problem?

Try texting "help" to the problematic short code to see if you get a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.