cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So who is leaving?

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wonder how many people will make the switch to Koodo now.

I am staying with PM for this round. Lets see what happens...

Either we will feel sorry for them who moved or they will feel sorry for us who have stayed!

74 REPLIES 74

@ShawnC13wrote:

@srlawrenwrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

Funny thing is that I received $6 community rewards for February.  I guess that reward is going to waste now.

@computergeek541 yeah, ditto.  See you on the other side.

How do you guys know this??  February rewards haven't been released lol

It's shown in the self-serve account in the accumulated/unused rewards section.   It's ironic that I noticed this even though the reward is now of no use to me. If you take the the total community reward amount listed and subtract it from whatever amount was listed a few days earlier, you'll know what your community reward was for the most recent month.

But you already knew this, didn't you?  Are you just joking around about that because of the apparent silliness of us even taking notice of it when we wont' be making use of the reward?  Lol

Update: changed mind and decided to stay with Public Mobile after all

@srlawrenwrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

Funny thing is that I received $6 community rewards for February.  I guess that reward is going to waste now.

How do you guys know this??  February rewards haven't been released lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@torontokriswrote:

THen it may get actually

@computergeek541wrote:

@Watokowrote:

@matbasmwrote:

So am I.   If several of the oracles and ex oracles, and other high level contributers leave, PM might need to hire even more mods to handle the support issues.  Probably not what they intended. 

Not really, new members will step up to help, and don't forget the mass amount of people switching means much less ongoing support required as well.

Depending on how many people actually leave, it could get downright slow around here on the Public Mobile forums.

Then the forum can get back to PM questions and not all Koodo talk.

I don't disagre with that and eventually, the Koodo talk will die down.

For the next little while, a lot of the talk will be about Koodo and mirgration offers.    If that's what people want to talk about, I don't think that should be an issue, as long as people only talk about it in threads that are releated to that.  (example: not talking about Koodo offers in a thread about how to enable autopay for a Public account).  We need to remmember that Telus/Koodo/Public are the ones who initiated this whole thing by contacting their own customers by a mass text messsaging campaign.  So, I think it only natural that some discussion turn to that for now.

The important thing is for members to continue to help each other and answer each other's questions.  I fully realize those who are leaving/who have left will naturally participate less (or may even stop), but there's always someone else around here willing to take on the tasks.  Also, members leaving Public Mobile who have been regulars in the top tiers of community rewards opens up a huge opportunity for members who are staying to start receiving those.

@Wonder_whywrote:

I moved 2 of PM lines to Koodo but I still Heart forum here

Well, Koodo has a forum, too.  Not as active as PM Community.  (And of course they suck!)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

shadowbanker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's important not to make rash decisions but I'd be lying if I said I'm not tempted.

srlawren

@jairoleviwrote:

This might be a silly idea... 

Lets say, if I want to use the Koodo promo code for someone else but not port my Public mobile number,  can I do that?

Thank you.

@jairolevi not a silly idea but I don't know how to answer it.  I would assume need to do the porting, and I set mine up to do that.  The port will happen when I receive my SIM and activate, I believe.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Marmar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to get koodo referral?

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wonder_whywrote:

@jairoleviwrote:

Lets say, if I want to use the Koodo promo code for someone else but not port my Public mobile number,  can I do that?

Thank you.

@jairolevi only if you got text messages from Public Mobile,you are eligible

@jairolevi: I'm halfway through my first coffee of the day so I'm not sure what you mean. 🙂 Can you elaborate?

@Wonder_why: Wife and daughter never got the text message and I was able to sign them up yesterday. Best to just try it out on the Koodo site.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Wonder_whywrote:

@jairoleviwrote:

Thank you.

Yes, I did get the text.

I am wondering if I use the promocode but NOT port my public mobile number.

I would use the promo code to get an additional line.

Is it possible?

Wonder_why

@jairoleviwrote:

Thank you.

jairolevi

Thank you.

publicmobileusr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, that part was not clear to me. Tanks

@publicmobileusrwrote:

I would love to get the 6GB/$40, just don't know how 😞

To redeem the offer, Public Mobile customers need to show the text message and use the promo code ‘GOKOODO406GB.’ Their phone number is the validation code. Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Public Mobile offers customers $40/6GB Koodo promo plan

my texts are not working, so I can't really get the text, even if they sent it

You have to be on a $120 12GB plan to be eligible for this offer.  What plan do you have with PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

koimr1

@publicmobileusrwrote:

To redeem the offer, Public Mobile customers need to show the text message and use the promo code ‘GOKOODO406GB.’ Their phone number is the validation code. Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Public Mobile offers customers $40/6GB Koodo promo plan

Do a test run by pretending to sign up for a Koodo plan - you'll find out very quickly if you are eligible or not after you enter your code and phone number. 🙂

Wonder_why

@publicmobileusrwrote:

If you didn't received text messages from PM ,you might not eligible but give a shot show your PM account number and the PROMO CODES worth the shot

publicmobileusr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

torontokris

THen it may get actually

@computergeek541wrote:

@Watokowrote:

@matbasmwrote:

So am I.   If several of the oracles and ex oracles, and other high level contributers leave, PM might need to hire even more mods to handle the support issues.  Probably not what they intended. 

Not really, new members will step up to help, and don't forget the mass amount of people switching means much less ongoing support required as well.

Depending on how many people actually leave, it could get downright slow around here on the Public Mobile forums.

Then the forum can get back to PM questions and not all Koodo talk.

Foxjig1

@acmethodwrote:

I'm staying but I could see how the Canada wide calling could sway some on top of the 6GB.

For those who have a good referral points it makes sense to stay othersbwith $2 a month return they are better off to go to Koodo as they receive 50 months worth of credits in one go, they can top it with 0 $0 phone with Visa rewards.

I'm still undecided which way to go.... 

acmethod

I'm staying but I could see how the Canada wide calling could sway some on top of the 6GB.

@Watokowrote:

@matbasmwrote:

SD08

@srlawrenwrote:

@kjmckenzwrote:

There's literally no downside now EXCEPT that it's postpaid... But not having a contract/tab kind of offsets that a bit... 

@kjmckenz here's my thought on the post-paid:  I don't really think it's a big deal.  Here's why:

1) As you mention, no contract is required unless you want to get on a tab, which is totally optional.  (And even then, you can cancel at any time and just pay off the remaining device balance without any extra fees or penalties, which I think is totally fair).

2) If you're worried about data overages, the "shock free" data at Koodo should help to minimize that

3) If you're worried about unexpected roaming, just set your network selection from auto to manaul and lock it onto the Koodo network.  If you're extra paranoid, also turn off your data while roaming setting.

4) If you're worried about unexpected long distance bills, well, the base plan is Canada-wide, but just be conscious of dialing numbers outside of Canada.  If you like, you could use a data-based service like Hangouts Dialer or Fongo to dial US numbers for free, using some of that nice extra data you're getting every month out of the migration.  For calls overseas, you can always use a calling card with a local access number somewhere in Canada to get better rates than whatever Koodo charges for them, or call your contacts overseas using WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Allo, Duo, Skype, etc for free over data over WiFi.

EDIT: with the above mitigation strategies considered, really there are two remaining areas of concern:

A) Credit check upon activation.  If you don't qualify, then you may be out of luck.  Otherwise, it's a 1-time small blip to your credit score during the check, and it's over with.

B) Possibility of billing errors leading to unxepcted billings.  For these, you'd have to dial in and deal with customer service to try to rectify.  However, PM isn't impervious to billing issues either, looking around the community.

Note this discussion isn't a full comparison of the pros and cons of PM vs. Koodo, but more just looking at why I don't think the post-paid aspect of it is a big deal for most people.

@srlawren

Thanks for the summary.  Good points.

Sorry to see you go too.  

However, I'm staying for now, mainly because Koodo still represents an immediate price increase for me and I have no use for the extra data. Plus, I have a substantial balance from vouchers which I don't want to abandon.  The $100 credit would not cover much more than the two prepaid months I'd be leaving at PM if I were to switch at this point in my cycle.  Whenever PM announces their eventual price hike, I suspect they'll have another offer to switch and I'll re-evaluate my options then.

Update: changed mind and decided to stay with Public Mobile after all

(my message about this month's community reward going to waste is now irrelevant)

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Inb4 price raising after 6 month. Way to go Telus, wise people over there.

Watoko

@matbasmwrote:

Wonder_why

@Ludditewrote:

@Wonder_why Are you open to giving out your referral code, or having interested folks private message you?

If anyone need referrals feels free to private messages Heart to give out, win win all the way

@Wonder_why Are you open to giving out your referral code, or having interested folks private message you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Wonder_why

I moved 2 of PM lines to Koodo but I still Heart forum here

Wonder_why

@srlawrenwrote:

Just waiting for my SIM to ship.  Ordered today, couldn't pass up the 6GB version.  I guess everyone has a price!!!

@srlawren Sim Card are free, I did not pay for it

@MEU_21wrote:

@matbasmwrote:

It is sad, but when oracles are leaving, then there is something in the air - they are our equivalent to the cannary in the mine.

Not canaries, just aggressive in persuing the best deal for their needs. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.