cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms alerts

Wishart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data/phone cycle just was renewed today i am on a 3 gig data plan, After about 20 mins of use i received a 75% data usage alert- i then checked my account and it said I had used .71% of 3 gigs and 2.29 gigs remained can this alert inconvenience be accounted for

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Wishart -

That 75% data usage alert, was it from your phone itself or a text from 611/Public Mobile.

Your plan may still be going through the renewal process today if today is your renewal day. Once complete your data should replenish, and that text (if from 611) may have been an erroneous one.

Check using @Handy1 's suggestions to see the latest info. on your My Account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Wishart 

Could mean one of a couple of things.

Generally, those SMS notification of  data remaining are not accurate, especially when one may have bonus or added data on their account.

Always rely on the self-serve landing page usage details.

Also, do you happen to have a data limiter set on your device which might notify you in advance of reaching a certain limit?

@Wishart  You could be seeing old cached info why I say to refresh like in the pic to get true usage 

this text could just be in annoyance and not accurate 

Wishart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

But what is used as the sms trigger when the cycle had just been restarted

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Wishart 

turn off your all app background data.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Wishart  

Try  again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1675121658068.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.