cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to receive text message

l2008r
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sometimes it took 30 mins to receive a text message. eg, when my wife texted me"going home", 30 mins later the message still not received when my wife got home

6 REPLIES 6

Kootenay_boy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue and reading this I clicked the bravo had to sign in etc the verification happened right away while Im still waiting for the verification that got me looking this up in the first place lol  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@l2008r 

You or your wife could have a poor connection to the network. Reboot your phone(s) first then toggle airplane mode on/off.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@l2008r 

I thought the Telus outage was fixed but it seems they are still working in the BC and Alta area.

Try powering off your wife’s phone then remove the SIM tray for 2 minutes then slide back the SIM tray and power on the phone to see if that works.

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages?INTCMP=contactus_outage_AB_V2 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yep. If you do a little search in forum you will see quite a posts people complain on SMS delays and then getting bunch of them all at once. Even being able to call but incoming calls go directly to voice mail. So be ready for similar quirks.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Some people have been reporting this lately. Do the steps posted in this thread and if it is still an issue, you will have to do some more investigation to see if is the network or the phone. Are your outgoing texts also delayed?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @l2008r  try to clear the cache of your text message app. 

Of course,  don't forget to try reboot your phone once

Need Help? Let's chat.