cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet speed

Lucyzhou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello : 

I have changed my plan from 3G to 4G since Nov 11. However, the internet speed is very slow. The download is only 1.92, upload is 0.22. 
Any suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5

Lucyzhou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is supposed to start working from Nov 11. It has been 4 days and still is slow. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you choose the “change plan on next renewal” or “change plan now” option?

Also, was Nov. 11 your renewal date?

Log in to your PM account, under Plan Usage look for the words “Updated <some time> a ago” and click on the refresh icon beside it (looks like this 🔄).

After refresh, make sure it is showing details of your new plan. If that looks okay, make sure your phone's network connection settings are set to “Auto” or 4G(LTE)/3G.

Reset your phone and test data again.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Lucyzhou   it only take 48 hours for PM to upgrade your speed

Try to reboot your phone again, and test the connect in another places

Also, check your network selection, make sure Automatic, or LTE (or 4G) is selected.  Some people might have left it as 3G Only, which you don't want

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lucyzhou , is your speed test done with phone having a 4G/LTE connection?  Speed tests are somewhat unreliable as network congestion varies throughout the day.  There is a lag for the speed throttle to clear when switching from 3G to 4G plan, although you should have been in the clear by now.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Usually only takes about 3 days for the 4g speeds to take effect. Log in to your account to confirm if you actually have your new plan.

Otherwise, contact CSA for their help.

added..

use this to Chat with Simon

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Need Help? Let's chat.