cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip button takes you to Get Started

mikewhy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hard to tell if this is a bug or a dark pattern. Since you've been bought by Telus, I'll assume the latter.

I'm trying to sign in to purchase more data, but it's offering forcing me to migrate my account to something else. I don't want to, as I said I'm just trying to give you money, not go through a bunch of signup processes and have to type in 4 2FA codes because the site doesn't work great when you paste them in (you can paste the number, it gets properly split into the different boxes, but the Continue button doesn't enable until you manually re-type one of the numbers)

Here's a huge .gif of my experience, that you can't pause or scrub, because this forum doesn't allow me to upload a smaller .mp4:

Screen Recording 2023-05-24 at 8.26.00 PM.mov.gif

Also, I trust my password manager's password strength much more than yours

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 8.31.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 8.31.28 PM.png

---

If you can't tell, this experience has really soured me.

  

3 REPLIES 3

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mikewhy @jamiepm1 

This is new.  You need to choose a stronger password for your account.  I just chose a stronger password and it worked fine.

jamiepm1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Skip option just skips the little 'explainer' pages, it doesn't skip creating an account. You have no choice but to create a new account... It's a mess.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They've been owned by Telus since 2013 lol, 

Please post your feedback in the thread that's been posted in the announcements section, it's more likely to be seen there.

Need Help? Let's chat.