cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim

Liam7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ordered a sim card on 20th of Jan it took payment off credit card and still havent received one. At the time it didn't tell me that it was non refundable and it said 2 days delivery.. that is a misrepresenting as I should of gone to store to get one as my husband needs a phone service as he is without and I have public mobile so thought be easier..

7 REPLIES 7

unsupported
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Right on the account page we're forwarded to after the purchase:  "Your SIM card is on its way and will be shipped within 2 business days."  No mention of 10 business days. Why is that? This is very clearly meant to have us thinking "2 business days", not "10 business days". 

Also, attempts to contact chat support repeatedly for 3.5 hrs. during posted business hours resulted in: "Info | Apologies. No agents are currently available. Please try again later." , every time. This is your "solution"? Just curious, are you a Public Mobile customer, or are you paid to participate in community chat? (hint: could be both.)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Liam7  It can take 3 days to 3 weeks for sim card to arrive , if you need one sooner check Telus Koodo kiosk around you ..also you can contact support for a status update also 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

the order page does say "shop out in 2 days with Canada Post"  

I guess the trick here is it will be shipped in 2 days, it is not a promise that it will  arrive at door in 2 days (unlike Amazon Prime)  For major cities, it will usually arrive in 5 business days.  A 10 days wait is not unheard of if it is a rural address.  

@Liam7 , it should arrive soon, but since it is only via Canad Post, there is really no tracking number to track.  But if you like, open ticket with PM support and confirm they did shipped out, or explain thr situation and see if they agree to reimburse you to re-buy locally from Telus/koodo stores since you need it urgently 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Sim card order", then click "Contact Us",  then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Liam7 wrote:

Ordered a sim card on 20th of Jan it took payment off credit card and still havent received one. At the time it didn't tell me that it was non refundable and it said 2 days delivery.. that is a misrepresenting as I should of gone to store to get one as my husband needs a phone service as he is without and I have public mobile so thought be easier..

@Liam7 - where did you see it took 2 days? I have not heard of that before.

In this Get Help article it says 5-10 business days:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Note, it normally is delivered Canada Post, so you are dependant on the mail system. In the above article it also says you can contact customer support if you haven't received the SIM in 10 business days. But you are not quite there yet. 

Maybe give it until the end of the week before you contact an agent.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Liam7 

Two days delivery is indeed erroneous.

Did you by any chance take a screenshot of that delivery promise?  It would be helpful to post a screenshot here if you did.

If you want one right away, locate a corporate TELUS or Koodo location or Mobile Klinik.   Call ahead to see if they have Public Mobile SIM cards in stock.

Before activating, make sure you have your credit card or VISA/MasterCard debit ready, an email address, and a referral code from an existing Public Mobile customer to save a little bit of money.

If you'll be porting a number from another provider, make sure to jot down the other providers account number to use in the activation process.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Liam7 

the SIM card is take from 5 to 10 business day not receive yet then send a private message to  CS_Agent  with order # ..
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Liam7 

It would be a miracle if Canada Post can deliver in 2 days.

Members have indicated that it may take up to 3 weeks to receive their SIM.

It would have been faster if you ordered online from Canadian Cell Supplies for $5 with fast shipping or arrange for pickup if you are in the Mississauga/Oakville area.

Or order from Amazon if they have them in stock and you are on Amazon Prime.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you and your husband download WhatsApp or TextNow for free wifi calling and texting.

Need Help? Let's chat.