cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim for daughter

TimW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have bought some Public Mobile sims. I have setup my phone for myself. I would now like to get a phone number and setup my daughter's phone with Public Mobile.Is there way that I can setup her phone within my account so I can pay for her phone with my credit card and get email notifications for her phone but have her name show up when she call me on her phone? I guess I am asking if I can setup 2 phones with my account. If I have to create an account with her email can I charge it to my credit card and set it up so the communication comes to my email? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@TimW wrote:

I have bought some Public Mobile sims. I have setup my phone for myself. I would now like to get a phone number and setup my daughter's phone with Public Mobile.Is there way that I can setup her phone within my account so I can pay for her phone with my credit card and get email notifications for her phone but have her name show up when she call me on her phone? I guess I am asking if I can setup 2 phones with my account. If I have to create an account with her email can I charge it to my credit card and set it up so the communication comes to my email? Thanks.

@TimW Hi, I am doing this exact thing with my 13 year old so she has an emergency phone. You would just have to put your credit card on file for her. Its interesting that you cant have more then one number on one account but the benefits from that which have already been pointed out definitely far outweigh the hassle.

Enjoy your day and hope that you have a great Sunday!

TimW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the clarification and quick rely

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TimW 

Hello, you will require a different email address to create a second account for public mobile.

PM does not allow multiple emails to be used for having 2 different accounts.

When you activate her account. You can put all her information (name, last name, address).

You can use any credit card to make the payment to her Plan

It can be yours as well. As long as the plan is getting paid it does not matter how you are paying for the plan. Make sure to use your referral code when you activate it.

For the call display - If you save her number with her name in your contacts list. Each time she calls you it will show up her name 🙂 

Cheers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TimW , you need to set up each line in a separate account using a different email (aliases are acceptable) as already mentioned.  The same credit card can be used to pay for multiple accounts.  One cautionary note though, if possible, try to stagger the renewal dates so that the same credit card does not have to make multiple payments on the same day.  Some payment cards have anti fraud routines that treat multiple payments to the same vendor in a short span of time as possibly suspicious.  I have had my card locked before due to this.  I had to call in to get the card unlocked.  

@TimW  you can use an account alias. If your account is a gmail one, you can use a variation such as yourGmailAccountName+MyFavouriteDaughter@gmail.com etc. And use your credit cad to pay for it. 

Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Stay safe. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TimW You are only aloud 1 email per account. You will have to set up your daughter's account in her email. The account can be under her name and your billing address. Her name will show up if she calls you if you have her set as a contact. You could also use a workaround like this to use your email for her account.

I copied and pasted this from this forum:https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Workaround-How-to-create-multiple-accounts...

"On Gmail, you can have a different address with your same email by adding a "+" sign at the end. This creates a different email address and all emails sent to that address still go to your original Gmail address"

For instance:  

• If your email is: canadian123@gmail.com 

• To create a PM account for your mom: canadian123+mom@gmail.com

• For the kiddo: canadian123+kid@gmail.com

• For the wifey: canadian123+wife@gmail.com

"All of those email addresses would go to canadian123@gmail.com, but it will allow you to create different accounts in PM"

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@TimW Hi no you need a separate email account for each activation or sim but you can use the same credit card to pay for both Don’t forget to put your referral number on the second account for the $10 for her and one dollar for you every month

Need Help? Let's chat.