cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card problems

Harley666
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no clue why my phone stopped working out of no where my Sim card keeps saying unknown but I can log into my account without issues n even have extra money in my account I can't seem to figure out what's going on with my phone

8 REPLIES 8

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah re-seating the sim seems to fix this more times then not. Doing some tests with another phone can determine if it is a faulty sim and as the community suggested, a CS Agent can reimburse you or send you a replacement.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Harley666 

If after all the great replies with things to try you STILL have service issues, contact Customer Support Agents.  There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Harley666   It could be a defective SIM.  Take it out , try it on another phone

If it gives the same error, you can try to open ticket with CS Agent and ask them to reimburse you for SIM replacement

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Harley666  - remove your SIM card and gently reinsert it. Restart phone. Better?

Do you have another compatible phone to try your SIM card into to rule out a device issue?

If the issue is still there in another device, than it is account or network related.

Just to be sure, check your self serve account and under the "Change Sim Card" area under the My Profile section ensure the 4 digits there listed match the last 4 digits of your SIM card number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Harley666 

Where are you located?

There might be a Telus outage in your area. There was a few in BC and Alta.

Check the outage map:

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages 

@Harley666 wrote:

I have no clue why my phone stopped working out of no where my Sim card keeps saying unknown but I can log into my account without issues n even have extra money in my account I can't seem to figure out what's going on with my phone

This could be a network issue that will eventually fix itself.  Although obvious, the first thing to try is to restart the devvice.  Also, check the status of the IMEI at devicecheck.ca.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently buy this phone or have you had it for some time. I'm thinking it might be blacklisted or reported as stolen somewhere...hope I'm wrong though.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Harley666 

Try:

• rebooting device
  • toggling airplane mode on/off

If your account states "Active", then perhaps a service outage in your area or also check this:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

Need Help? Let's chat.