cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Question

mrotundo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have damaged my old sim card and purchased a new sim card, but, haven't activated it..if I activate my new sim card...would it affect my current plan? Also, would I loose my current phone number?

Please advise asap. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Elise,  The Public Mobile SIM cards are multi-sized.  That is the same SIM card can be used in all different phones.  The SIM card has extra 'rings' that pop off if your phone needs a smaller and smaller size.  Any current Public Mobile SIM card you purchase will fit your phone.

PS, you have posted to an old topic.  In the future, you should always start a new topic, so that your question does not risk going unnoticed.

Elise
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an older Iphone 5S and would like a Sim card I just don't know which one I need. Can you help?

@mrotundo wrote:

Thanks for your response....as long as it doesn't change my current service/plan or have to change my current phone number?

No, it will not change anything other than the sim card number. 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mrotundo wrote:

Thanks for your response....as long as it doesn't change my current service/plan or have to change my current phone number?

Hi @mrotundo,

It will not change your plan or phone number, just your physical SIM card, meaning, you will have to take your current SIM card from your phone out and replace it with the NEW SIM card that you changed to.

mrotundo

@mrotundowrote:

Hello,

How do I change the old sim card number to the new sim card number? Thanks!

Log into your self-serve account and look on the left side under your profile. You will find the option to Change Sim Card Number.

mrotundo

Hello,

How do I change the old sim card number to the new sim card number? Thanks!

It won't change anything other than which sim card is activve.

Need Help? Let's chat.