cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim 1 not allowed S22

Dida
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had this phone for a month or so now and it's been fine. However just yesterday the Sim card stopped working and it said Sim 1 not allowed. I put the sim card in my friends phone and put his sim card in mine and both worked, but its just my sim card with my phone that doesnt work. I've tried resetting network, airplane mode, restarting phone, and a few other things but nothing works.

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dida 

Sorry to hear this is happened to you. But if it's seems to be too good of a deal it probably is?

Did you check the ID of the seller? Did you write down the details? Did you make the purchase in a safe exchange zone location? Such as in front of a police station where they have cameras set up?

If you know the ID of the seller and they're not willing to work with you on why it is blacklisted or return your money then find out the source of the blacklisting. If it's the owner and they are making an insurance claim you can report this to the police. If it's the provider and the owner of the phone is the same as the seller you can also report this to the provider and have the phone removed from the blacklist possibly?

In fact it may be better if you find out the source of blacklisting first because if the seller is making an insurance claim or simply acquired the phone on contract to resell it it is fraud and you may be able to negotiate getting your money back in exchange for the phone and not reporting it to the police.

Otherwise if the seller is not willing to work with you and it is fraud I would report it to the police and turn the phone into them as evidence.

Now that you need a new phone you can look into swiftronics who has a sale on right now with some reasonably priced phones between $239 and $399. If you find a phone that you like look for it on Amazon with the same seller listed. Then you will be able to save on shipping by ordering thru Amazon and if you live outside of Ontario you will only pay GST.

The other option is they do offer financing so you could spread the payments out. There's only a small fee and no interest if you can pay it off in four payments or less.

Here is a great deal on a Google pixel 4 open box device for only $249.

https://swiftronics.ca/collections/smartphones/products/open-box-google-pixel-4-64gb-128gb-with-6gb-...

Thanks for the great response,  @Dunkman  😁

Curious if the OP will have success. 

I think that previous owner has shown he can't be trusted, so further negotiation would be useless.

Go to the top of this page click Shop / Phones for a selection of reasonably priced, warrantied cell phones. If you buy one and it goes bad...you have a 1 year warranty.

Phones

Need an affordable phone to go with your affordable plan? We’ve got you covered with Certified Pre-Owned phones.

All phones are backed by a 1-year warranty.

What’s a Certified Pre-Owned phone?

Certified Pre-Owned phones are refurbished phones that are tested, inspected, cleaned and re-packaged. And now, with more conditions of pre-owned phones to choose from, you can get a new phone without the new phone price.

@Dida 

@Dida wrote:

Can you elaborate what you mean by "discussion and 'negotiation' with the source of blacklisting?"

Some people recommend not to buy secondhand phones from Kijiji. Scammers will sometimes blacklist the phone afterwards.  Either the phone was on a contract and the person did not pay the rest of the contract.  Or some sellers will report the phone stolen and then use insurance to get a new phone.

If you can contact the seller, then you can negotiate something sometimes.  Or find out which carrier blacklisted phone and negotiate wth carrier.  If you have evidence of the transaction, it might be possible to negotiate something. But as stated before, it will be difficult.  

Buyer's beware for buying used phones.  

Dida

Can you elaborate what you mean by "discussion and 'negotiation' with the source of blacklisting?"

@Dida wrote:

Yeah it seems that it's blacklisted 😞 Interesting that it worked up until now though

Dang it @Dida .    I hoped it wasn't the issue.   Your only recourse is to attempt to have it removed from the blacklist, however that requires discussion and 'negotiation' with the source of blacklisting. That may not be an easy process to establish.   

That's what happens buying used. Particularly off strangers. If you know the seller then ask him why the phone got blacklisted. Did he not fully pay for the phone where he got it new?

Dida

Yeah it seems that it's blacklisted 😞 Interesting that it worked up until now though

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Just in case check your phone here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Do you have two SIM ports? Can you try your SIM in port# 2?

So you are saying friend's SIM works in your phone but not PM. And PM SIM works file in friend's phone.

Very strange...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Further to the above, it may be that different providers observe the blacklist or not. If a Rogers sim worked then maybe they don't.

@Dida 

Where did you get the device?

It's possible it may be blacklisted if not acquired from a reputable source.

Check using this service below:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

( EDIT:    @Dida    I note that you advised that you tried your friends SIM in the device and it worked - unlikely a 'blacklist' issue.   Still, no harm in checking.   Did you try using the PM SIM card in an alternate SIM slot if it's a dual-SIM device? )

Dida

My phone is an Samsung S22 . I bought it second hand off kijiji about a month ago. And its been working fine until now so it's not locked(it also shows me other options under the "network operators" settings tab). And my friend uses rogers and his sim card worked fine.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Dida 

Interesting situation.  

If the PM Sim card works in your friend's phone, then it is not PM service problem. Some hardware/compatitibility issue.  Which model phone?  Where and when did you purchase the phone? Could it be locked to previous carrier?  Which carrier does your friend use?

Need Help? Let's chat.