cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign in, subscription, number porting, etc

Bennylux
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hours later, subscription unrecognized, even though I have email verification, app stuck in subscription permanently, online not recognizing my passwords no matter how many times I create a new password, or use incognito mode, old phone number still not ported, esim not installed and I'm asked to create a new membership within community so I can ask all you good people how to fix public mobile problems on my own time....well let's hear it. 

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Bennylux 

Have you contacted customer support again? Or heard back from them? Whatever the issue is you require support to fix it....it won't fix itself.

Bennylux

So Ive called the number i was provided with, and a lovely person at Telus told me in order to port my number to public mobile my account activstion would have to be finished. I dont know what the hold up is.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Bennylux 

First you need customer support to sort out the issue with your activation not completing properly. Once that is done you can reinitiate the port request either by getting the CSA to do it or you can by calling the telus or koodo porting department phone #.

Check your sent box in private messaging for the your initial message to customer support if they have not responded yet. Send a follow up message. You can add "Urgent" to the subject line if the priority of your support issue hasn't been picked up on pm staff. You should hear from them within the hour....report back if you have not.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That is your issue then, you have to respond to a text from your old provider in order to authorize the port. Once you do that your old SIM will eventually lose service and have the account closed and that is your sign that the port has been completed. I believe you’ve been messaged the number for a porting department that can help you (based on responses in this thread). Check your Private messages here in the community.

The below link will take you to your messages:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage 

HI @Bennylux 

just message them again, they usually reply quick during business hours

Bennylux

I responded to customer support late last night, and havent heard back. Its pretty discouraging.  Does anybody have some kind of open line to contact someone involved on my behalf? Ive tried to to call their 855-478-2542 with no luck because they validate subscribed accounts by phone number,and mine hasnt been ported yet.

Anyways, much appreciated for all your hardwork.

Ben

Bennylux

Never received a text i could respond to.

Thanks for your time.

Bennylux

I contacted customer support late last night after receivig all of these messges, an have not heard back yet today. I have not received a text message that i could reply yes to, and the old phone still works with the old sim and with the old number that i am trying to port.

Thanks

HI @Bennylux 

is your old provider account still active?

check with porting team, I will send you the phone number to your Community inbox.  

Bennylux

I havent received any text messsge that i could respond to. 

Thanks

KyleJulius

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there @Bennylux 

It seems as if you tried to transfer a previous phone number. Make sure that you respond "YES" to a text message sent to the phone number which you are trying to transfer and also enter a 6 digit code sent by Eversafe to the phone number which you are trying to transfer. Make sure to have the old SIM in your device until the activation process has been completed. After completing this, the transfer of your phone number may take up to 5 hours. Hope this helped!

Regards,
Abheer

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Bennylux 

If your port in failed continue to use your old Sim card for service. Once you contact customer support expect a reply first thing in the morning. They will fix your activation issue and will resubmit your port request. Keep your old Sim card in your phone to recieve the PAT (porting authorization text) and reply YES within 90 minutes of recieving it. Your port is complete once your old Sim card stops working and you can recieve calls to your ported number on the pm e-sim.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bennylux 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues. Your account is not allowing you to login as the activation process didn’t finish so the account is not fully setup. When porting your number from your previous provider, did you respond yes to a text sent to that number authorizing the port to take place? If you didn’t, the porting process likely failed automatically if 90 minutes passed and you will have to get support to re-start the porting process for you. 

This link will allow you to contact customer service to help you:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bennylux 

look like the activation has not reached the end yet and hence the eSIM installation was not done.

Please open ticket with PM support and they can help from here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.