cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping information on phone purchase?

krs99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I bought a phone on 16 March 2021.

Received an email with the shipping and billing address as well as the details of the phone I bought right away - that is all good, but no information yet when it was shipped, how it was shipped, tracking number or anything else that I normally get with an on-line purchase.

Am I just supposed to wait and hope it gets delivered some day? How does this work with Public Mobile?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for sharing your experience, @krs99 

This will assist other customers who have similar such questions, and will hopefully allow them to have some confidence their item will be received.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

krs99

Just to close out this thread.

I never received any subsequent emails after the one confirming the purchase - no email to confirm t was actually shipped and no tracking information.

The phone showed up on day 6 after ordering.

Phone itself does look like "brand new", includes same charger and cable as the original one from Motorola plus the little 'paper clip' tool.

PS: I did check the spam folder in caseanyone is wondering - nothing there

krs99

Thanks everyone for the comments.

This sounds as if the phone hasn't even been shipped yet even though it said "In stock" when I ordered it and paid for it.

If I had known that shipping is a problem when orering from Public Mobile, I would have ordered the phone from Costco for $10.- more

The order number is just a 6-digit number, nothing even close to the format of a tracking number.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@krs99 

If I were buying something as substantial as a phone (from the company where I'll be using their services) I'd hope for a tracking number of some sort to have some sense of confidence of it's status within the fulfilment & shipping process.

If you don't have this option, ask their Moderators for information on this, surely they might be able to do an internal check for you.  Just don't expect a quick reply as their primary focus is on active account/customer matters relating to service issues.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

How long will it take to receive my Certified Pre-Owned phone order?

• Your order will ship via Canada Post or UPS and you should receive your order within 10 days. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number; you can track your Canada Post package here, or your UPS package here.

@krs99 wrote:

I bought a phone on 16 March 2021.

Received an email with the shipping and billing address as well as the details of the phone I bought right away - that is all good, but no information yet when it was shipped, how it was shipped, tracking number or anything else that I normally get with an on-line purchase.

Am I just supposed to wait and hope it gets delivered some day? How does this work with Public Mobile?

For whatever reason, the fulfillment centre that Public Mobile uses doesn't usually provide tracking numbers to to customers.  I have seen shipments by Public Mobile being sent by Canada Post and and United Parcel Service, but that doesn't mean that other shipping companies could not also be used. Try using your order number as a reference number on the popular shipping company websites.

Need Help? Let's chat.