Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings to access roaming data

RoselleB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the Canada US roaming plan.

I am travelling to Arizona.

Taking advantage of my existing 59 GB data plan there. 

Just want to be clear about settings on my android Samsung.

I will allow roaming data? 

I will manually set only the T Mobile network? 

Want to avoid sticker shock. 

Tks. 

3 REPLIES 3

RoselleB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I travelled to Phoenix. Transition was seamless. I switched on data roaming, the network was automatically selected (T Mobile). Service seemed excellent about 99% of the time. Now and then could not text. But really good overall. A real game-changer being able to use my Canadian plan down there without worry. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RoselleB 

No need to worry about sticker shock with Public mobile. No surprise charges.  If you don't have that feature, it just won't work with Public mobile.  No extra charges for overuse of data, minutes, etc.  

Which model phone do you have? 

Here is some additional information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

No need to manually select network.  Just keep on Auto selection.  If you don't get good service on one carrier, then you can manually select other US partner carriers.  Sometimes the 5G network is hit and miss in the USA depending on your location. Some customers may manually select 4G/LTE if any issues. 

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, keep Data Roaming on. You can use either T-Mobile, AT&T and apparently Verizon now although we haven't heard official word on Verizon. Enjoy using your phone as if you were in Canada 😉

* Note: if your phone is not on the PM whitelist for VoLTE devices you may have issues making voice calls, in this case you will want to try connecting to T-Mobile on 2G as the US no longer supports 3G. Otherwise you could probably make calls through WhatsApp or other apps like TextNow etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.