cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up auto-pay with new debit card

beej
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am wondering if anyone knows how to update your auto-pay with a new debit card.
I don't think you can just enter in the details because it's not a Visa debit, it's just a normal debit card. Will I have to contact Public Mobile, give them my bank account info so they can link that card to my account? (Institution number, account number, etc.) 

I would like to use this debit card for the monthly payments because I will get a special promotion from my bank if I do. 

Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7

userbusanzeu

Haha don't worry this is not a valid number so... Thanks anyway!

@Anonymous wrote:

Set Up AutoPay

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Account click HERE,

select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Please see the parts of the thread where others have correctly informed the OP that a regular debit card cannot be used to pay for Public Mobile service. As such, the above instructions will not work.

@userbusanzeu 

Your answer is correct however maybe you should consider contacting the moderators to change your user name or I could just call you.....

userbusanzeu

Hi! Like others said, you cant use a debit card, instead you need a credit card or visa debit to set up auto pay))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Up AutoPay

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Account click HERE,

select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Good Luck

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I think you need a Visa Debit..

according to the link: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@beej : No can do. Get a Koho prepaid credit card and they have a connection with this place for extra cash-back. Ask for a referral if you wish. Lots of people here are using Koho.

Need Help? Let's chat.